• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Assistance with Metro Voice Mail - Solved

alfick3

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
DFW, TX
Ok, so a couple of weeks ago I tried out the visual voice mail app that Metro has. I down loaded it and installed it. It took maybe 10 - 15 minutes before the visual voice mail indicator said I had a voice mail. That's ok, I can wait for the voice mail, especially if I'm busy working. What I don't like that's happened since I first used it, is that I now have a voice mail (not the visual voice mail, just the regular voice mail indicator cause I have un-installed visual voice mail) indicator whether I have a voice mail or now. A couple of times I've called my number from another phone and left my self a message, then I've dialed voice mail from my phone and listened too and deleted my voice mail. The indicator goes away for a couple of hours and then comes back. I dial voice mail, and it says I don't have any messages. The indicator doesn't go away. Has anyone else had this happen if they've used visual voice mail? Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this problem?

I un-installed it two or three days after I installed it. I just wish I could get rid of my voice mail indicator now. I know it isn't something on my phone, cause I have flashed a couple different ROMS in the interim and the indicator comes back every time. It has to be something from the system

Upvote 0
Try reinstalling the voice mail app cause I think it had an option to enable or disable it. Activate and enable the app and then disable it if it has the option. Leave yourself a Voicemail and delete it the old fashion way and if the notification icon stays away delete the Voicemail app. Its a long shot but the app may still be "enabled" on metros system somehow. Best of luck if you try this!

Upvote 0
Try reinstalling the voice mail app cause I think it had an option to enable or disable it. Activate and enable the app and then disable it if it has the option. Leave yourself a Voicemail and delete it the old fashion way and if the notification icon stays away delete the Voicemail app. Its a long shot but the app may still be "enabled" on metros system somehow. Best of luck if you try this!

Thanks for the idea. However, when in voicemail, there is an option talking about external applications and turning it on or off. I have selected the off option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones