• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Asus Transformer won't charge.

So my wall plug was having issues intermittenly and didn't know what it was. I ended up finding this forum to try and resolve my issue and I found some other nice things on how to resolve my issue. What I ended up doing was taking the wall charger and the 2 pins that go into the socket were not connecting corretly to the base(never trust pins that tuck back when not in use). So what I ended up doing was gently pushing the pins outward to try and get some sort of change in connection and not to bend the pins or break them. As soon as I tried that and plugged it in, it started working again! So people with issues should try that, because it worked for me!

Reactions: Podivin
Upvote 0
I recently got an Asus Transformer pad from Best Buy and it doesn't seem to charge. I've tried plugging it in through USB and to different outlets but it doesn't seen to work.

i got a asus tf101, and right out of the box it charges via usb no problem. I could transfer files and charge at the same time, the same as my android phone.

After I upgraded to ics android 4.0, usb charging is now disabled and there's no option to re-enable it.

So if you upgraded to ics, you're screwed and i advice anyone who hasn't upgraded, don't.

Upvote 0
Just got my TF today. Bought it used on craigslist. Perfect condition. Love it...but it wouldn't charge.

Found my issue in another forum but thought I'd mention the fix here since I didn't see it mentioned above.

Disassemble the charger. See those two flimsy bent-wire pins that are on the body of the adapter and which should mate with your country-specific plug?

Sometimes they just don't. Very, very gently bend those two pins outward - just a little - and then reassemble the power adapter.

Your Transformer should charge again now.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I also encounter similar problems when I tried to perform the first charged, it was not successful till the battery drained out, tried to with other USB adaptor also doesn't seemed to work.

Later i discovered that the original adaptor(2pcs) was the source of the problem, they must be properly fitted an a "CLICKED" sound must be heard, if you could not hear the click sound and the wall plug with the 2pin unit, than it will not work. Make sure the 2pcs adaptor is tightly fitted.

My was TF201

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones