• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Back Case starting to creak, rattle a bit

Wiggin21

May 3, 2010
I've had the Inc since about the first few days of it's release and the back case is already starting to rattle near the bottom and creaks as i hold it. i knew from the moment i got it that it was a flimsy, cheap piece of plastic (there's even a thread about the logo peeling off, but at least i'm not suffering from that problem - i actually wouldn't mind, i like how it looks without the logo imo :D). i knew that the back plate would pretty much be the only thing giving me problems, and now here i am.

so, when can i expect to be able to buy a nicer back plate? i'm hoping for a third party version that is much sturdier, but also one that pretty much looks the same.

The creaky back plate is definitely beginning to annoy me. Holding the phone certain ways will cause an annoying creak. It's embarrassing when I am trying to show off my phone and the back plate creaks because I am holding it too tightly. The back plate has a nice texture but unfortunately it is extremely flimsy for such a high-end phone.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'll get to taking a picture, but it's a simple solution. Take the back off and take note exactly where it creaks. Take a small piece of black electrical tape (must cut it with scissors very small and thin) and place it just above the mic area (most often the creak culprit) inside the case where it cannot be seen after re-attaching the back. Worked perfect for me. I agree this should not have to even happen but it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones