1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Back up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LA1, Feb 20, 2013.

1. LA1

LA1 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Male
    IT Department
    East Coast of USA
    Is there an App that 1. i can backup everything on my phone 2. image my phone like I can do with Ghost for a PC.

I think Google backsup my contacts and such. What I want to really backup is the "MEMOs" or "NOTES" I have an extensive ammount of notes. I have attached memo's to e-mails. The memo's have an unkown extension for the pc. How would I get them back in the phone and where would they go. I also have a google nexus 10 , can the memo app be installed on the nexus and memo's from my phone be imported...

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I know this is a little late, but for the benefit of anyone reading this thread:

There is an app in Play called Carbon that backs up app and app & user data to the SD card. You do NOT have to be rooted to use it.

3. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Carbon says it's not compatible. I am trying my backup pro, it says it will work without root.

4. km2002

km2002 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    RE-READ THAT CAREFULLY!! MY BACKUP PRO WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT ROOT!!! I just went around in circles with them because I thought their product would work without root. But their page on Play says in so many words that you need a rooted device. DON'T GET THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU HAVE ROOTED OR WILL ROOT YOUR DEVICE!!