• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Battery] Complaints and Problems

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm debating if I should go do a phone swap today. I'm down 21% with only 40 minutes uptime. I wish I knew if it is bug from the phone or a bad battery.

Try this though. After you unplug the phone from 100% , let it drain down to 92 or 93% then put it back on thecharger till 100% again. It should hold a charge longer. Can anyone else confirm?

Upvote 0
Well, I charged my battery for a good 4 hrs! It was 100% when I took it off, checked 1 email, and sent a text and it went down 10%, checked MLB for maybe 20 seconds and it went down 20%. Listen people I been around smartphones for a while, some being terrible, some decent, and some pretty good when it comes to battery life! This falls along the lines of terrible so far. I don't know how people are saying there getting GREAT battery life that lasts all day or a day in a half, I mean do you use your phone or just stare at it? Hopefully it does get better with time, but right now this is not to good. Might look into an extended battery. I doubt I'm the only one seeing this as not being good battery life with such minimal use!

Upvote 0
Well, I charged my battery for a good 4 hrs! It was 100% when I took it off, checked 1 email, and sent a text and it went down 10%, checked MLB for maybe 20 seconds and it went down 20%. Listen people I been around smartphones for a while, some being terrible, some decent, and some pretty good when it comes to battery life! This falls along the lines of terrible so far. I don't know how people are saying there getting GREAT battery life that lasts all day or a day in a half, I mean do you use your phone or just stare at it? Hopefully it does get better with time, but right now this is not to good. Might look into an extended battery. I doubt I'm the only one seeing this as not being good battery life with such minimal use!

obviously some folks are getting poor battery life,some pretty good and others great. don't assume if someones battery life is different than yours that they are lying or just staring at their phones.

Upvote 0
Pretty bad here but most touch screens are. Comparing to a tour or curve is not fair i can kill the storm battery pretty fast too

Fair point, I suppose I was more so meaning that I expect a certain amount of time. Again, I have already proceeded with placing an order for an extended battery...I imagine a good number of others will as well.

Upvote 0
I have no complaints at all about battery life. I just got my phone 3 days ago and have left it in it stock configuration without loading apps to evaluate it. I'm finding that with fairly light use (been busy) the battery will only decline about 40% during the 9-10 hours I'm away from home at work. Last when I went to bed, the battery was at about 95% and it is very close to that level now, about 9 hours later.

I've posted a lot about signal strength and call sound quality, so wanted to say something positive. Battery life on this phone is fine for me. I'm very impressed with sophistication of the power management on this phone.

Upvote 0
I understand the battery life with not be perfect BUT the % should not frop to 98 as soon as I tke it off the charger and then to 93% after checking 1 webpage (androidforums.com) and then down to 90 after sending 2 text messages...

Same here. I wonder if its a battery problem, phone hardware, or software bug. I'm wondering if I should do a swap today.

Upvote 0
this may seem a little odd but i noticed it by accident last night. like many of you i charge the phone over night and within a few minutes of pulling it off the charger it will drop to 93% then go about its day. well yesterday alot of people i work with wanted to see the incredible so i spent about 3hrs showing games, hd video, hd youtube etc... it was down to about 25% by 7pm and i had to return to work last night so i threw it on the charger and pulled it off around 8:30pm. it said the battery was up to 99% (led light wasn't green) after being on the phone for an hour, sending some emails and getting some angry txt from the wife for having to go back into work late again i noticed it was only down to 96%.

don't know if this means anything but it is odd that when the phone was charged to 99% it only went down to 96% after a couple of hrs of constant use, but yet i charge it over night to 100% and turn the screen on to check the time will make it drop to 93%.

Upvote 0
I ran a similar test this morning. Generally, I charge my phone overnight with it on (alarm clock and no home phone). This morning, the phone said the charge was complete, so I left the phone on the charger and turned it off. The LED started to blink orange and it charged for another 30 minutes before turning green. I have now had 26 minutes of up time and 7:31 of awake time, and I am at 99%, when I would otherwise be around 93. Very interesting.

I'll be curious to see what performance is like during the day. Regardless, I am awaiting my 1750.

Upvote 0
I think that some stock batteries are defective, mine included. I am getting too much of a performance gain with the 1500 mAh TP2 battery I bought. This morning I unplugged it and played with it for 5 minutes and it was still showing 100%. The stock battery would be down to 90% in the same scenario. It should not be so hard for people to believe that there may be a manufacturing issue at hand...

Upvote 0
Yeah, for me it's not so much the battery life directly. That was just the initial indicator that, hey, something's using more juice than normal, and that something turned out to be an inferior signal. It's the signal that's making me consider returning this thing and waiting for the EVO. I don't pay verizon's premium price for a signal issue.

Upvote 0
my battery activity has been very strange. Last night i charged my phone all the way up using the computer and waited til it hit 100% left it charging for i bit and then unplugged it and it dropped to 90% within 10 minutes. I charged it back up with he computer again went to bed at 12:00 and i was scared to leave it unplugged because i didn’t think the battery would make til 7:00 and i needed the alarm clock on the phone to work. I woke up and i had 80% left and i was like wtf how did i get 7 hours using 20% but only 10 minutes using 10%

that was the longest time I have gotten from 20% of the battery, it usually drops about 10% an hour with no use and it drops even faster than that with when i use it and it has been that way since I got the phone

There is definitely a bug somewhere whether it’s on the phone or an installed app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones