1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tdubois65, May 20, 2011.

1. tdubois65

tdubois65 Lurker
    None

May 20, 2011
    I have an Evo and was very frustrated feeling like I had to be tethered to an electrical outlet whenever possible to prevent my Evo from dying when I needed it most. I could not get through a day of work (8 hours) without charging. I bought one of those extended batteries with a larger cover on eBay for less than $1 plus about $9 in S&H. I've gone 24 hours now without charging and still have half of the battery left. The retail price for one of these batteries is over $50. I'm extremely pleased with the battery I received and it's performance. on eBay, search for "Evo extended battery" Some sellers are overseas (Asia) and may take 3-4 weeks to ship to US addresses.

My only complaint is solved! I Love my Evo!

Advertisement

star2011 likes this.
  2. Tibet11

None

May 19, 2011
    Extended battery isn't required unless you want to walk around with 3G/4G on all day long. And you didn't go into your apps and adjust their send/receive data schedules. You can walk around with wifi and GPS on all day long as long as apps are not using those radios. But what do I know.

star2011 likes this.
  3. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    Male
    security and surveillance and finance
    Windy City of Chicago
    Basically if you want to use the best features you need the extended battery if you want to use it as a old just phone type of thing you do not need an extended battery.

I bought 2 extra ones like the stock for 10bucks plus shipping and handling so I can run my Evo all day long.

star2011 likes this.
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Been seeing the extended batteries on amazon lately for roughly $7 or so as well.

just an fyi... the batteries on ebay aren't new and have been this price for a while (and already have threads here in accessories :p)

delighted that you are happy with your phone :D

star2011 likes this.
  5. star2011

star2011 Newbie
    None

May 13, 2011
    Battery life is always a problem. anyway I think extended battery is needed. they can offer much conveniences.

6. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert
    None

May 4, 2010
    I've been using an extended battery for months. I leave 4G on all day when I can get signal (I get 4G about 75% of the places I am most of the time). I don't limit anything I want any more. I'm content knowing that I get a full day of maximum use and just need to recharge while I sleep. I stream radio for a minumum of 2 hours every day too.

Bottomline, extended battery allows me to use Evo the way I want. I don't expect it to last 2+ days, but it also easily does that when I'm outside 4G coverage and just my phone for quick email/surfing sessions and calls.

Couldn't be happier with my Seidio extended battery. I wish is was cheaper, but it's still been worth even the premium price.

star2011 likes this.
Tags: