• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

junebogey

Jul 27, 2010
New Jersey
WHat is your battery life I mean mine is good I had it for 9days or so and it's good but I put it against my friends iPhone 4s and he killed me with display time we also ran a music playing test a pandora test and an angry birds test and he murdered me it makes me want to use my 14day return I also have sync off brightness low bluetooth gps and wifi off.....also when I saw it's good I mean stand buy good when I play a game it dies pretty fast compared to my friends iPhone

I've only had my Samsung E4GT for a week, but the battery life on this thing is crazy good. I'm careful to keep my 4G, wifi and such turned off when I'm not using them and I still have 50% battery left at the end of the day with moderate usage. I even have a lotus notes app for my work email that updates continuously and I still get this much life. My old HTC TP2 wouldn't make it past lunch doing the same thing.

Upvote 0
First of all, don't compare your battery to an iPhone. I'm not sure how they do it, but their battery life is crazy good (my wife has an iPhone 4). But, compared to other android phones this battery is awesome. I love Droid better than ios, but ill be the first to admit apple does some things better, battery life being one of those. On a side note, you can't carry an extra iPhone battery but you can with this phone. With my extra battery I can last longer than my wife's iPhone.

Upvote 0
WHat is your battery life I mean mine is good I had it for 9days or so and it's good but I put it against my friends iPhone 4s and he killed me with display time we also ran a music playing test a pandora test and an angry birds test and he murdered me it makes me want to use my 14day return I also have sync off brightness low bluetooth gps and wifi off.....also when I saw it's good I mean stand buy good when I play a game it dies pretty fast compared to my friends iPhone

Are you serious? I really hope not. You DO realize the display on the Epic is a FULL inch larger right? Not only that, its a super AMOLED display which is arguably just as good as the iPhone's but of course consumes more power. My battery life is great, I easily get 12-15 hours with moderate use and 10-12 with heavier use. Its clear for your other posts you don't like your phone and think the iPhone is your savior, so just go ahead and switch already.

Reactions: wase4711
Upvote 0
With light/moderate use I can get my battery to last all day. however I play a lot of games so that drives my battery some. I still get around 9-10 hours with heavy gaming and movies/music. My wife also has the iphone4 and she gets better battery life. Please take note that iOS doesn't support all the data/battery intensive widgets we use with our android devices. Plus live wallpapers and so forth. Their are a number of reasons android phones drain batteries faster. Though the iphone gets better battery life, I still prefer the functionality aspects of android. Plus the epic touch is way better than the iphone4s!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones