• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bbc iplayer?

There's an official iPlayer app but it requires flash and froyo and I don't think our phones support flash, even with froyo. I tried the website ages ago with Skyfire and that didn't work either. I may be wrong, but if anyone knows if you can install flash on 2.2 I'd be interested. There's an app called MyPlayer which used to be an iPlayer-type app, but since the official iPlayer app came out it only does other channels. I have the old version which I found somewhere a while back and don't have the APK. See if you can find the APK somewhere if you want BBC, or get the new one for other channels. I dunno what the other channels are. myPlayer taken out by the BBC – latest app update removes BBC content Eurodroid I've just looked and the version I have is 1.000. It works fine streaming progs from this week. And I doubt it it will work if you're outside the UK. If you are. I don't know.

Upvote 0
If you mean live TV using myPlayer, I didn't know it did that. I don't really use it but haven't deleted it in case I need it sometime. I did have the TVCatchup website working using the stock browser, but I've just had a look (I updated to FroYo recently) and it doesn't work any more. Says I need to install flash, which I don't think I can. So other than that I don't know about live TV I'm afraid. Let me know if you find anything out about it though please.

Upvote 0
If you mean live TV using myPlayer, I didn't know it did that. I don't really use it but haven't deleted it in case I need it sometime. I did have the TVCatchup website working using the stock browser, but I've just had a look (I updated to FroYo recently) and it doesn't work any more. Says I need to install flash, which I don't think I can. So other than that I don't know about live TV I'm afraid. Let me know if you find anything out about it though please.

The version I downloaded allows me to watch live tv. I got it from here; sns.myPlayer-1.apk

But when I click on one of the channels it says I'm not from uk :(

Upvote 0
I can get live radio working in myPlayer, but not live tv. It says I need to be in the UK (I am) and to check something up about a firewall when I try using wifi. I just use it (occasionally) to view things I've missed on iPlayer. In better news, I've got live straming working using TVCatchup.com. It used to work when I was on 2.1 using the stock browser, but now that doesn't work although using Opera Mini works. Some channels (BBC1 and BBC2, out of the ones that I've quickly tried) either have no sound or won't load. But the TVCatchup website does say they're having some technical problems at the moment, so hopefully that's why. I never had any problems before using the stock browser, no idea why it won't work now because Opera didn't used to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones