• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best buy pissing me off!!!

Today I went over to my local At&t store to pay my phone bill through their kiosk. I asked a worker about the Htc Inspire 4g and about the release date of the phone on the 13th afterwards. He didn't know anything about the phone as he repeated 4g?.. He was kind enough to ask for me to someone with higher knowledge. He asked a worker that was working behind the counters on their computer systems. He came back by saying that they are going to be receiving the phone on the 13th. I then asked about my unlimited that i'm currently on and asked if I was able to tranfser my data plan towards my upgrade. $99 for the Inspire, Htc as well. Perfect. Soon afterwards I headed over to Best Buy to see if they had any information on the phone or a phone model by any chance. Thinking to early I know. I asked a worker that wasn't apart of the mobile area since the line was to long and I didn't want to wait. He was kind enough to to check on the computer system about the Inspire. Nothing popped up I saw for myself. He was saying how At&t wasn't going to be having 4g since June, but I made he sure he checked anyways. I knew the Inspire 4g was coming out and I've been waiting. Then he walked over to the mobile area and asked one of the workers if they knew anything. Worker came back with no information. Bs. At&t's getting my business. Can't wait to upgrade from my Nokia E72 running Symbian 3 which is a far dated Os. I've had the Htc Fuze which ran Windows Mobile and installed custom roms from xda devs that ran Sense. Processor couldn't take it and the phone lagged, had a 3g jailbroke it, lagged. Loved my Fuze for a minute 3 g not so much with my Itouch by my side. Coming into Android is going to be new but being an Htc phone owner before I know i'm going to get a well built phone.

Upvote 0
I guess it just depends on where you ask. The people I talked to at the Best Buy near me knew all about the phone and said without a doubt they would have it Sunday and I could get it on or off of contract. The one problem with Best Buy is their off contract price is usually the msrp which is higher than what the carrier or a place like Radio Shack would sell it for. I wonder if they would price match this phone? Has anyone ever tried that with a phone?

Upvote 0
I guess it just depends on where you ask. The people I talked to at the Best Buy near me knew all about the phone and said without a doubt they would have it Sunday and I could get it on or off of contract. The one problem with Best Buy is their off contract price is usually the msrp which is higher than what the carrier or a place like Radio Shack would sell it for. I wonder if they would price match this phone? Has anyone ever tried that with a phone?

No I havent tried that but you know what worries that best buy.com isn't.showming the phone.either? ??

Upvote 0
I get my phones at best buy cuz I have a rewardzone mastercard

reward zone points like crazy when you spend more than $2000 in a year anywhere mastercard is accepted
(free plug for them)

Im buying this phone for REALLY cheap from points I earned this year

I have about 8,000 points banked right now. I'm going to keep building them up until my premier silver membership ends.

Upvote 0
It is possible that they may not have the Inspire on launch. I know that they didn't have the Xperia X10 on launch. Seeing as how Best Buy has already started advertising the Thunderbolt (which has no announced release date), I'm thinking that it may be very likely that Best Buy isn't getting the Inspire right away.

Btw, any incentive to get the Inspire at Radio Shack over AT&T? With Best Buy, the incentive was no rebate hassle, and no restocking fee.

Upvote 0
The most I had saved up on my Silver was close to 2K... bought a whole lot of stuff the day I cashed it in!

I do wish I could upgrade at Best Buy.

I've really pushed up my points because my brother puts his purchases on my rewards zone account. With his car dvd player/navigation system and MacBook Pro I received around 4,200 points. Of course I did let him use my Best Buy credit card for the MacBook to get the no interest deal so I think I earned those points.

Upvote 0
I called BB today and they didn't really know anything about the phone and again told me that they sometimes don't get the phones in when their released. RadioShack knew what I was talking about, I'm going there tomorrow to reserve one.

I wonder if the people at my BB were BSing me? Everyone else who went by BB didn't get any info. The guy I talked to said he even had an email with more details but he was with a customer and I didn't have time to wait. Oh well I guess I'll find out Sunday.

Upvote 0
I wonder if the people at my BB were BSing me? Everyone else who went by BB didn't get any info. The guy I talked to said he even had an email with more details but he was with a customer and I didn't have time to wait. Oh well I guess I'll find out Sunday.

I think it just depends on who you talk to. As someone said before in another thread, not all the people that work in the mobile departments are geeks like us and search the web for info on the latest technology. I know next to nothing about any other phone, but thanks to this forum I'm sure the inspire is the right choice for me.

Upvote 0
I think it just depends on who you talk to. As someone said before in another thread, not all the people that work in the mobile departments are geeks like us and search the web for info on the latest technology. I know next to nothing about any other phone, but thanks to this forum I'm sure the inspire is the right choice for me.

Sounds famillar. Lol its just annoying ya know how the hell are you that big of an electronics store and.be clueless. Im starting to lean towards they aren't getting it. That girl would have seen it in the system and she didn't

Upvote 0
Just placed my order at the Shack. Manager told me he might get the phone in on Friday or Saturday and said he would call me to pick it up if he did! :)

Heh, this is the same reason I'm going to pre-order from Shack.
Most likely they will get the shipment in on Fri or Sat at the latest, and depending on how cool they are, there's a chance I could pick it up early. :)

Upvote 0
Ok I've been going back and forth on whether I'm going to use my upgrade or buy outright. Right now I have $300 in Best Buy gift cards. I have a $65 card coming in the mail and I'll get more on my birthday which is in March. I should be able to have around $500 after my birthday. It seems like it would be better to just upgrade for $99 and build up more gift cards then buy an htc dual core later off contract. Hmm decision decisions.

Upvote 0
Ok I've been going back and forth on whether I'm going to use my upgrade or buy outright. Right now I have $300 in Best Buy gift cards. I have a $65 card coming in the mail and I'll get more on my birthday which is in March. I should be able to have around $500 after my birthday. It seems like it would be better to just upgrade for $99 and build up more gift cards then buy an htc dual core later off contract. Hmm decision decisions.

if your birthday is after launch then def upgrade and build up that pot for a future release you can buy out right. Me I'm buying outright now and then I have an upgrade in JUNE

Upvote 0
UPDATE!!!! So my boy Richie calls me because they told him i had called and he gives me the following info. The phone will be there on Sunday they will actually have it in stock as of the 11th. Also he's gonna price match the 449.99 because best buy has it for 599. so if i was you best buy guys i would bring the screen capture of radioshack

Reactions: lsutigers03
Upvote 0
UPDATE!!!! So my boy Richie calls me because they told him i had called and he gives me the following info. The phone will be there on Sunday they will actually have it in stock as of the 11th. Also he's gonna price match the 449.99 because best buy has it for 599. so if i was you best buy guys i would bring the screen capture of radioshack

Wow that's awesome. Has that screen shot been posted here showing it's from Radio Shack? Also did he say that Best Buy as a whole would price match or is he just going to do it for you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones