• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy's 1yr price is....

What do you mean...I work for Best Buy so I know this price is right lol.

Best Buy does not sell 1yr plans on a regular basis. We only do them if the customer brings it up. Best Buy WILL match though, so why all the crying and complaining about the price being more lol. Oh and there is no MIR. Price match plus not waiting for your money back, win win

No, the price has to be without a rebate.

Soooo, which one of you are right?:p

Upvote 0
Soooo, which one of you are right?:p

"How do you handle a price match if the competitor's price includes a rebate or other promotional offer?
The competitor's net purchase price is calculated by deducting instant discounts taken at the register such as instant rebates. Mail-in rebates and other deferred savings are not deducted from the competitor's purchase price."

BestBuy.com Help

I think he was saying that we can, but it's not policy and if a store does it, it's an exception to the rule.

So, I guess we both are? >.>

Upvote 0
I agree people are crazy to go through best buy they charge over a hundred dollars more

I disagree. The majority of people, in fact all of our preorders are doing 2 year upgrades. They skip the mail in rebate, and don't have to let someone borrow their money for 2-3 weeks.

If you are the small amount of people who are doing 1 year contracts, yes, it is more. The retail price we will price match.

So, I guess you are crazy to go to Best Buy if you are signing a 1 year contract? I've never done a year contract before, people don't even ask about them even though it's on our displays. I really think if there was more interest, the price would go down.

Upvote 0
I disagree. The majority of people, in fact all of our preorders are doing 2 year upgrades. They skip the mail in rebate, and don't have to let someone borrow their money for 2-3 weeks.

If you are the small amount of people who are doing 1 year contracts, yes, it is more. The retail price we will price match.

So, I guess you are crazy to go to Best Buy if you are signing a 1 year contract? I've never done a year contract before, people don't even ask about them even though it's on our displays. I really think if there was more interest, the price would go down.

No doubt...BB is the way to go for 2 year contracts. For those of us who want to upgrade every 6 months, they suck.

Upvote 0
wow, great info here. that one year price is hard to beat. i think i'm going to bail on my best buy preorder and hit the local verizon store on thursday in the morning. if i can charge the phone to my account, that would be awesome too!

can you only get it charged to your account at a corporate store, or can the non-corporate verizon stores do it also?

Upvote 0
I disagree... they aren't ripping anyone off. They have the right to set their own pricing. It's my belief that they, at a corporate level, prefer selling 2 year contracts over anything else.

If you or I don't want to pay it then we can easily go elsewhere to purchase the phone. Anyway, for all any of us knows, VZW might have a caveat in their contract with BB to set minimum prices for different levels of service.

Vzw is still much easier to deal with if you have any problems

Upvote 0
As far as what Best Buy can and can't do its best to call your local Best Buy's and ask, because we all do things differently. Best Buy Mobile as a little more freedom when it comes to the price match policy than the rest of the store. Some BBYM's will not price match Verizon, but some will. Ours will price match onine sites such as Wirefly, we will match carriers prices AFTER rebate, blah blah blah, so you need to ask your local stores what they can and can't do. Our store goes out of our way to get the sale and make sure the customer leaves happy. Our stores in my area are more easy going/will bend the rules more to get you what you need, but others like maybe the ones in Aookay's area are more by the book, so like I said call and verify. If you have to, tell them other Best Buy's have let you, blah blah blah.

I think he was saying that we can, but it's not policy and if a store does it, it's an exception to the rule.

So, I guess we both are? >.>

Yes you are correct lol

Upvote 0

Sorry, but it must just be who you've dealt with. Our store, though we can't do EVERYTHING, we will do what we can to resolve issues. You probably will not believe me, but we actually have Carrier employees come here to shop and get issues taken care of. How sad is that (great for us thought :))

Upvote 0
Sorry, but it must just be who you've dealt with. Our store, though we can't do EVERYTHING, we will do what we can to resolve issues. You probably will not believe me, but we actually have Carrier employees come here to shop and get issues taken care of. How sad is that (great for us thought :))

Oh I believe you its like that one insurance commercial online where the 2 guys from the other company came to get insurance from the other insurance company. I know some people may have horror stories but for me vzw has always been more then helpful in getting things fixed

Upvote 0

Day 1: Buy phone from BB. Call VZW and activate Total Equipment Coverage (Extended Warranty) for $7.99 per month. BB is acting as an agent for VZW. In skimming through the T's & C's for TEC I see no caveat indicating that an agent-acquired handset can't be covered by TEC.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/features/calling_features/equipment_protection.html

Day 2: Phone breaks. Call VZW Tech Support, troubleshoot the issue, and have them send replacement phone. Badger them to ship it overnight as opposed to 2nd day.

Day 3: Activate new (to me) phone. All is well.

Hmm...

Upvote 0
For those getting a 1 year (individual) contract - what are the benefits of it over a two year, aside from the obvious extra year of being with verizon?

Or are most of the people doing 1 years on a family plan?

I see you could upgrade a phone at the 10 month mark vs the 12 month mark (with the 450 or 900 talk and text). Is that about the extent of the benefits?

Upvote 0
two benefits; one you mentioned can upgrade after a year with the 450 plan (which I will get) and total commitment to a provider (I would be a new verizon customer so i would like to limit my commitment).

For those getting a 1 year (individual) contract - what are the benefits of it over a two year, aside from the obvious extra year of being with verizon?

Or are most of the people doing 1 years on a family plan?

I see you could upgrade a phone at the 10 month mark vs the 12 month mark (with the 450 or 900 talk and text). Is that about the extent of the benefits?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones