• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best current deal for Captivate?

why dont use amz
smile.gif

English version, please?

Upvote 0
I know Amazon has it for $0.01, but I've got a corporate discount and I also have the grandfathered unlimited data, so I think I need to do it in person someplace. Costco has it for $99.99, anyone else have it cheaper?

Be careful, I also am grandfathered into the unlimited plan and have found that most anywhere, except for AT&T themselves, will not honor the unlimited data plan. Everywhere else pretty much told me I would have to change data plans if I upgraded through them.

Upvote 0
wirefly.com is now offering free samsung captivate plus no activation fee and $30 data credit to your account. Did anyone order from them? Can you please share your experience, good or bad, when ordering with them?
Great experience with Wirefly. I have purchased my last several phones from them, including all of my family's phones. Fast shipping with their free shipping option, easy activation, great service. They also usually have coupon codes on their Facebook page to add a free bluetooth headset or a MicroSD card.

That is an outstanding deal with the free activation and bill credit from AT&T. I would not hesitate to jump on it.

Upvote 0
hey guys, got the deal from radioshack, captivate for free, only had to pay for tax, having said that i have a few concerns. anyone with a similar experience?

pls visit my post >> http://androidforums.com/samsung-ca...oshack-black-friday-refurb-returned-item.html

thanks!

What experience is that? He was just wondering if it was possible for it to be a refurb or a not new phone. MOst agree it would not have been as do I. My fathers phone was new but with the update.

Upvote 0
Don't dump. De-activate. See the Captivate FAQ:

Uninstalling stock apps - CapFAQ

Freezing is now a feature available in the free version of Titanium Backup.

Too late; already ran "Unleash the Beast". :)

Does your method remove them from memory? One of the reasons I did that is due to my experience with the Aria. AT&T's bloatware took up so much space I couldn't load all the apps I wanted.

Upvote 0
Too late; already ran "Unleash the Beast". :)

Not recommended. That ROM has lots of issues and is known to cause problems.

Does your method remove them from memory?
No, because they're intrinsically used by various parts of the system behind the scenes and uninstalling them doesn't actually free up that storage for other things anyhow.

One of the reasons I did that is due to my experience with the Aria. AT&T's bloatware took up so much space I couldn't load all the apps I wanted.
The Captivate is not the Aria and has massive amounts more-storage than the Aria. If you're running out of space to store stuff on the Captivate, you're doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
I just decided to go with Verizon and a free Droid X. AT&T just pissed me off by not moving my upgrade date up and me not being able to watch some youtube videos even when I did have 3G (a $250 phone should be able to run videos).

So saw a good deal with Verizon (their map on their webites looks good for me with 3G, but you never know until you actually try it) for a free Droid X, with a 2 year contract of course. So as long as all of that goes well with Verizon, I’ll be dropping AT&T as my cell carrier. So for $103 I got the Droid X, their best phone insurance, a red silicone sleeve, car charger, free activation, and a screen protector. I hope it makes me happy. So I guess goodbye to the Captivate board and hello to the Droid X board. Y’all take care.
:)

Upvote 0
I just decided to go with Verizon and a free Droid X. AT&T just pissed me off by not moving my upgrade date up and me not being able to watch some youtube videos even when I did have 3G (a $250 phone should be able to run videos).

So saw a good deal with Verizon (their map on their webites looks good for me with 3G, but you never know until you actually try it) for a free Droid X, with a 2 year contract of course. So as long as all of that goes well with Verizon, I’ll be dropping AT&T as my cell carrier. So for $103 I got the Droid X, their best phone insurance, a red silicone sleeve, car charger, free activation, and a screen protector. I hope it makes me happy. So I guess goodbye to the Captivate board and hello to the Droid X board. Y’all take care.
:)

http://radioshackwireless.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=25578_cca3699ca8674ae0a25b4e2ba0dd19fa

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones