• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Free Music Player?

ZingXao

Mar 11, 2011
At the moment, am using Winamp. I've used Songbird, but I find the interface a bit clunky, in my opinion. I've tried doubleTwist, but had a problem with a song's music tag... now fixed, but the app seems similar to Winamp. I've tried Realplayer, but it kept on dragging in the 'Facebook pop' sound, and it was annoying me, lol.

Can anyone recommend any good music player apps, and give their opinion on the ones I've used? Would be a great help.

Thanks.

At the moment, am using Winamp. I've used Songbird, but I find the interface a bit clunky, in my opinion. I've tried doubleTwist, but had a problem with a song's music tag... now fixed, but the app seems similar to Winamp. I've tried Realplayer, but it kept on dragging in the 'Facebook pop' sound, and it was annoying me, lol.

Can anyone recommend any good music player apps, and give their opinion on the ones I've used? Would be a great help.

Thanks.

Just pay for a decent one and support the developers ;) Apps are not that expensive...:)

Upvote 0
My MP3s are extensive and I'm a musician. I just bought a Samsung Admire & joined MetroPCS. I want to import 20GB of my MP3s to a 32GB card SD card and use them as a library when I need to remember certain lyrics, this is what I did with my Blackberry. The built in player with the Blackberry was pretty slow but did a decent job. I'm not so interested in a pretty ap, just good functioning of the player & if a player that also plays FLAC is also available, that would be great.

If there's one that allows the slowing of a tune & keeps the pitch, that would be a big help. I use a program; amazingslowdowner with my computer to do this but it would be good to have that with a player as well.

Any suggestions to a great player and maybe one that does those extras?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
You can upload 20,000 songs (without regard for size) to the google music player and stream all of the music. You can make your favorites available offline and not worry about having a network available. I've been using it quite a bit and it's pretty solid.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather keep them on the phone, it would take so long to upload 20 GB of MP3 to the cloud. I'm just wanting to have them on the SD.

See you're in Boston, I'm heading to Framingham right now for the Bluegrass festival at the Sheraton.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Thanks.

Im having the same problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones