• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best (free) way to record sound and email it ?

abrogard

Nov 9, 2016
There's really two things I'd like to know:

1. Which free app best records sound and then makes emailing it possible, even easy?
Because the default audio recording app on my phone doesn't seem to allow for emailing.
And starting from the email end and trying to attach the audio file doesn't work as the phone doesn't seem capable of finding these audio files.

So I've downloaded and run a couple of different recorder apps - free ones - and neither does the job properly so far. There's a hell of a lot more out there clamouring for attention. It'd be a whole lot quicker for me if someone here who knows of something available and working well right now were to just tell me about it.

2. Taking notes and attaching them, when required, to emails.
The best thing I've found so far is that 'wps' app but it is a bit cumbersome.
Tried other things but didn't find anything better yet. Found one, for instance, that doesn't even seem to keep files - it just seems to have one every growing file right there...

So if there's a better alternative available I'd love to know of it, too, if anyone can help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones