• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best keyboard on Nexus

Should I mention now that I have switched back to swype?

It was more so about an update they had that caused there to be no voice-to-text input. Then after several emails back and forth to them they said that they were aware of the problem and the next update would fix it. When they had no clue when the next update was coming and couldn't guarantee it was in the next month - I left.

I tried swiftkey flow and really really wanted to like it. Bought it even.

swype.

Upvote 0
The trial version has a button for voice-to-text, so does it just not work when you try it? I guess I don't really use it, so I can live without it, or switch back to stock for when I need it.

I like Swype the best for gesture typing so if I were going to switch back that's the one I'd go to as well, but so far I'm happy with SlideIT. I guess you did your part and since I switched from Swype it evens out :)

Upvote 0
The trial version has a button for voice-to-text, so does it just not work when you try it? I guess I don't really use it, so I can live without it, or switch back to stock for when I need it.

I like Swype the best for gesture typing so if I were going to switch back that's the one I'd go to as well, but so far I'm happy with SlideIT. I guess you did your part and since I switched from Swype it evens out :)

I had the paid version of SlideIT. Even though I had it for more than 30 days I got a refund. In case anyone needs to on any app:

- Play Store
- My Orders & Settings (at the very bottom)
- Find the app
- Report a Problem
- I'd Like to Request a Refund
- Then list a decent/non-rant reason

I am 4 of 4 on refunds past the 15-minute policy so far doing this

Reactions: umataro42
Upvote 0
I like the stock keyboard on my GNex. Its slide feature works well compared to third party ones I've used. I just wish it learned the words you use to offer more personalised next word predictions and that they assigned popular long press characters to letter keys, instead of hiding them under one button and multiple screens.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I've had my gsm Nexus for a month and I love it! I'm using SwiftKey x 3 and I also love that but I was wondering if I'm missing out on any other great keyboards? Any suggestions? I'm always looking to try new things so getting some options would be great. Thanks guys :D

Since my yakjuxw OTA upgrade to 4.2.1, the stock android keyboard comes with swipe feature. Works similar or better than touchpal which i was using.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones