• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best launcher for Note 2....

I am using Go Launcher with Classic theme. I especially like increasing the grid size over the stock launcher. I am using a 6x5 grid so I have enough room for a few widgets plus all my folders. I also use Apps Organizer because it has better folders than stock (more apps visible in folder without having to scroll, and folder opens and closes faster. I use a single home screen.

Attachments

• 2013-01-05_11_53_39.jpg
    2013-01-05_11_53_39.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
For me, the best launcher for the Note 2 so far is my current combination of several. It's the first phone I've had that is powerful enough to do this without a drop in performance and still have all-day battery life.

The goal was to get rid of app icons and folders from my homescreens and leave the homescreens to act just as places to display information.

Amazing stuff.. great concept, zc1.
icon14.gif

Reactions: zc1
Upvote 0
Amazing stuff.. great concept, zc1.
icon14.gif
Thanks!

To me it's exciting that our phones are finally powerful enough that the battery life and system operating speed costs of filling pages with widgets instead of icons are no longer prohibitive. Two years ago we *couldn't* fill pages with widgets and still have a phone that would run at a reasonable speed and last all day. Now, we can.

It's exciting, and a huge shift in thinking. I figured if anyone would embrace change it would be the Android community. The others are still just being introduced to the idea of widgets on mobile devices. This is a chance for Android to really differentiate itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones