• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root BH_MAN Recovery w/ ADB Support

Now that we have a recovery! How much does this advance us into the Android world?

Still out of the Game... Very Helpful if you know how to set permission & know your way around linux....

Between my Recovery & Kernel, there is no Reason why we can't port stuff now.... I've Provided the Tools along with Nu11u5, so now everyone should be able to build & port there own stuff of android...

Upvote 0
Please tell me this recovery has something similar to nand backup
eusa_pray.gif

Upvote 0
Doesnt charge, doesnt turn on, doesnt go to recovery, doesnt go to download mode, doesnt do anything. Complete and utter $450 paperweight lol

Mine did the same thing... but not when attempting this. I was actually rooting. Take the battery out for about 5 mins, and try again. For some reason, that worked for me.

Let me know if that works.

Upvote 0
Doesnt charge, doesnt turn on, doesnt go to recovery, doesnt go to download mode, doesnt do anything. Complete and utter $450 paperweight lol

Ouch! Not really sure what happen during the Flashing, but that very ODD! I've flashed bad Recovery's & Kernel's and never had this Problem...

The only time I have ever Bricked the Behold 2, was by using the Wrong .ops during flashing ( I had used the Galaxy .ops once ).... And I bricked the Second Behold 2 by flashing the Radio from the Galaxy to the Behold 2 trying to use the Bootloader that the Galaxy comes with, being that there's is unlocked....

Honestly from the Sounds of things, & from Personal experience.... Sounds Like the Galaxy .ops file was used....

Upvote 0
used the behold II ops from your post. i think it was from the r7. was very wierd. used all of your roms with no issues. Kind of a bummer because i had a god batterythats right god. All day on internet, wifi, music playing for almost 11 hours and using less than 50% of battery. used your ops and flashed this in the PDA portion. I tryed leaving the battery out and all other tricks. I have had bad odin loads before but this one made it do NOTHING. it dont matter though my bday coming soon and im getting another newer phone hoping for samsung galaxy s :)

Upvote 0
Video lol, Video of what??? Release? 2.1...ya right I wish! :rolleyes:

of the recovery....
I got Shell working correctly now.... so if you mess with SH / Linker / Dalvik / App_Process you don't lose Root.... I mean you would have to type SH then repair those File before rebooting, but I now have it loading anyways.. :D

There some other stuff I need to do, but I think doing an update.zip is Possible as well after messing around with the recovery.... Need more testing for sure & I need to get ahold of Barak for testing as well... My Update.zip tries to Run, but I have the system partition mounted so I know it wont run like that at the moment... :D

Like I said, More testing needs done, I also need to get ahold of Amon_RA regarding getting the start & end for maybe getting nandroid working... But I wont keep my figures crossed for this one since it is rfs partitions

Upvote 0
cool, I think a fully working recovery should be yours and our top priority!

Well, the Major thing with this new recovery.... Even if only we Get a busybox shell, it will let people start porting / Pushing files to /system/bin & still being able to repair the files in bin... This was the biggest issue with recovery... You pushed any files in to bin with the current Recovery I modded & you break Permission on SH and other files that hinder the system from booting...

Like I said, even if this is all I get working, it's still better than what I have out right now....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones