• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bionic with great battery....

Tishyrae - check your battery mode settings and make sure you're using the performance mode, for starters.
Make sure your GPS is off, of course, and probably WiFi, too to start with.
Drain your battery to zero before your next charge.

After doing those things I was getting plenty of time. If that doesn't help, I'd start monitoring the usage data.

Upvote 0
Well, 4G in itself is a battery drainer but it's more so when you use it for apps like surfing the web, streaming videos, music, syncing data etc. You're definitely going to see a difference in battery.

When I first got my Bionic, I did a battery test where I exclusively used 3G and I was getting about 16 hours with light to moderate use. With 4G on all the time, I roughly got about 12 hrs with the same usage. I noticed a 3-4 hour difference when 4g was on and not on.

What I normally suggest is to turn on 4G only when downloading large files or streaming video if you want to maximize your battery usage. Otherwise, VZW's 3G should be sufficient for all other data tasks. However, just so you know, I don't follow my own advice because 4G is too awesome. lol. :D

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
Plus, there are a whole slew of factors involved in troubleshooting this issue.

1) have you let you battery completely discharge and then let the phone completely recharge at least once before just using it?

2) What sort of apps do you have running that may be eating up your battery?

3) Do you work in an office building that might be causing the phone to get very poor reception?

4) Do you use WiFi at all?

5) Do you have any of your Social Media accounts set up on the phone?

6) Have you watched all 6 of the Droid BIONIC Battery Life videos?

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
My point is that my battery was fine running whatever I was before...nothing has changed and now my battery stinks. I have let the battery drain completely...haven't had a choice...

Plus, there are a whole slew of factors involved in troubleshooting this issue.

1) have you let you battery completely discharge and then let the phone completely recharge at least once before just using it?

2) What sort of apps do you have running that may be eating up your battery?

3) Do you work in an office building that might be causing the phone to get very poor reception?

4) Do you use WiFi at all?

5) Do you have any of your Social Media accounts set up on the phone?

6) Have you watched all 6 of the Droid BIONIC Battery Life videos?

Upvote 0
My point is that my battery was fine running whatever I was before...nothing has changed and now my battery stinks. I have let the battery drain completely...haven't had a choice...

I thought 4G was just activated in your area? That's a big change. Give it a week to see if your kernel is adjusting to it's new 4G towers. Sometimes kernels and radios (even stock ones) need time to settle before it starts adjusting to the new environment.

Edit: Oops, does your original post say that you switch to 3G only and it's still poor. Have you tried a reboot?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones