1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Black bar on bottom of screen!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dan Davies, May 23, 2020.

1. Dan Davies

Dan Davies Member

My S7 has been very good for many years, but just yesterday a black bar appeared on the bottom of the screen! It is only about 1/2cm wide and the full width of the screen. It covers anything that would normally appear in that part of the screen, though it still seems responsive to taps.

No new apps, no setting changes, not dropped or banged. Compared to another S7 and all settings seem the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Dan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds very much like a hardware fault in the screen itself. Repair or replacement required.

Dan Davies and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Dan Davies

Dan Davies Member

Thanks for the quick response!
    That is the answer I was afraid of! I assumed that it was hardware, but I am not an expert in this area so I thought I should check with this forum. I was hoping that I was wrong. We tried restart, reset, checking settings - no good.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yep looks like your s7 is on its last leg.....surprised it lasted so long. is this your daily driver?

Dan Davies likes this.
  5. Dan Davies

Dan Davies Member

I have figured out the replacement, but we usually get 3 - 4 years out of a phone, and this is slightly less. Not sure about the term 'daily driver', but if you mean is this my regular phone, yup - not used heavily, but regularly.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Most phones last only about 3-4years anyways. If it is not the phone, then it is usually the battery. And since the battery is non replaceable usually you will have to get an entirely new phone.

Dan Davies likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews