• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Black Tie Protection Plan

Don't believe the Best Buy rep when they tell you they will replace it with a new one. Thats what they told me too and I just had my entire screen shatter on my new droid. They said it will be a minimum of 30 days to 'repair it'. I said what about getting a new one? They said they have to send it in to see if it can be repaired. After the 30 days minimum without my phone, they may decide it can't be repaired and then give me a refurb, if they don't have any refurb then and only then will I get a new phone.

Sure they gave me a 'loaner' phone which is a piece of shit windows mobile phone which is useless. I have plenty of old phones I could have used in the mean time, but I want my freakin droid back!!!!!

They are the WORST! and thats 30 days after the REPAIR center receives it! Maybe... Not the store... It remains to be seen. It took em a week just to get it there! They've had mine a month now over a cracked piece of glass! I cannot get ANY answers! No ETA, no idea what parts they keep ordering, no refund, no replacement, no one to call, actually no customer satisfaction at all! They just leave you in limbo with no hope of resolution! Worst customer experience in my 52 years EVER!

My only salvation is knowing that these experiences like this don't go unnoticed. When this is over, this will cost them dearly. They certainly lost ME, my family, and anyone else I can contact on EVER setting foot in a "Worst Buy" again! And the internet is a wonderful tool.

I can only hope there is eventually a class action lawsuit. I will be 1st in line to join them.

WORST COMPANY EVER!

Upvote 0
They are terrible! I am in the middle of a repair on my EVO. I didn't realize that there was a 1yr manufacturers warranty and had purchased their insurance. They said it would take a week to get the phone back or they would contact me, its been over two weeks and now I can't get anyone to give me status on my phone. All I know is that it was received by the repair center. The filed 3 "escalations" meaning that the repair center should call me to let me know what is going on with my phone that was 5 days ago. I still have heard nothing. Now I am just trying to get my phone back so that I can take it to sprint to get it fixed. The best part is that the geek squad says that they are not able to call the repair center. They said they do not have the number and all they can do is email them. In this day and age how is it the and electronics store and electronics repair company do not have electronic status reports on the phones they are repairing. They will also tell you that they have 30 days to repair the phone from when the repair facility receives it. As if 30 days to fix a phone is acceptable. If the phone does need replaced you may get a refurbished one. It would be better if you accidentally ran it over with your car if you have any problems with it, that way they have to give you a new one and you won't have to wait a month to get it back. Hopefully I get mine back within a week to take it somewhere else to get it fixed. so yes Best Buy Black Tie warranty is A TOTAL RIPOFF!

Upvote 0
Agreed with this whole thread. They told me when I bought the phone and insurance if anything at all happens to the phone I just bring it in and I get a new one on the spot. So when the outside trim on my droid cracked and I lost the volume button I brought it in to get a new one only to find out it had to be sent in. I argued with the guy and told him what I was told when I bought it. I moved since I bought the phone so this was a different store and he said it's up to the store. So I called the store I originally bought from and talked to the manager and all he could do is apologize for the wrong info I was told. But it seems from reading this thread that every best buy uses the same description to sell the insurance. It is a scam and I am going to fight this another day with my local best buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones