• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blowing smoke

When I was looking for a part time job to supplement my income last year and earlier this year, I naturally wanted to work for Metro...why you ask, because 1. Employee discount on my service :p and 2. I know more than stores reps combined in one, so I would easily outsell full time associates working part time.

But each time I applied, I got emails back saying thank you, but position has been filled type of thing.

So annoying.

Probably because you're overqualified for the position. I would omit all technical knowledge cuz that means they would be obigated to pay you more LOL

Reactions: the hulk
Upvote 0
When I was looking for a part time job to supplement my income last year and earlier this year, I naturally wanted to work for Metro...why you ask, because 1. Employee discount on my service :p and 2. I know more than stores reps combined in one, so I would easily outsell full time associates working part time.

But each time I applied, I got emails back saying thank you, but position has been filled type of thing.

So annoying.

Same going for me bro :(

Upvote 0
Well, it's $15 to normally switch from one device to another, mine would be $25(which includes me adding it to your account legally and the standard metro transfer fee), but you would need to already have an active BYOD sim, the account information(phone number,pin, and IMEI, and type of phone)

and exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself, some metro employees are not very knowledgeable on devices, so if they say you can't, inbox me, I will check if you can, and I will take care of the matter.

I still don't understand why a knowledgeable store would not be able to add the imei for you. I also understand that metropcs will NOT allow your blackberry to be added to their database.

... also. If the stores are charging $15 and you charge $25, aren't you just taking advantage of the posters? Besides, I thought that this "group" or "metromafia" was a close group. Why charge at all? If you are here to truly help the community, you would do the service for free or at least at a cheaper price. Instead, it just seems like you are trying to profit from this. ?

Upvote 0
I still don't understand why a knowledgeable store would not be able to add the imei for you. I also understand that metropcs will NOT allow your blackberry to be added to their database.

... also. If the stores are charging $15 and you charge $25, aren't you just taking advantage of the posters? Besides, I thought that this "group" or "metromafia" was a close group. Why charge at all? If you are here to truly help the community, you would do the service for free or at least at a cheaper price. Instead, it just seems like you are trying to profit from this. ?

He never said he was here to help us. He is offering a service he is looking to make extra money on the side, and he helps fill the gap, store says it can't add, you are stuck with a expensive phone they won't touch, you pay him the normal fee plus his time and knowledge and you get it to work. he has the right to make money from his skills, so let him profit if people use his service thats them, If he is scaming people he would already be gone.

Reactions: the hulk and mike28
Upvote 0
He never said he was here to help us. He is offering a service he is looking to make extra money on the side, and he helps fill the gap, store says it can't add, you are stuck with a expensive phone they won't touch, you pay him the normal fee plus his time and knowledge and you get it to work. he has the right to make money from his skills, so let him profit if people use his service thats them, If he is scaming people he would already be gone.

You took the words right out of my mouth, thank you!!

Upvote 0

Key word "knowledgeable", the vast majority of these stores don't know there ulna from there anus(if you know your medical terms).

And just like the others said, it's about MY time, because someone else is incompetent and cannot do there job properly, like the joker said "if you're good at something don't do it for free"

and the mafia has been disbanded ages ago, we are all operating on our own, back then things were different, it's a different world and technology now.

I'm not here trying to scam anybody, that's why I spoke to at least 2 mods, and I think 1, maybe 2 admins, to get clarification and approval of doing this. So if you think I'm out to get you, you're reading the wrong lines bud.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0

DirtyDee, you didn't read my post correctly. I never said Hulk was here to "smash" and "scam" people. I agree with you! I was questioning the motive behind the "help" that Hulk IS offering to the community. You AGREE that he is simply trying to profit from this...
So let me see if I have the information correct...

The only reason why a store would not want to add an imei to the system is 1) if the phone is a blackberry and 2) if the store employee is incompetent to add it to the system right?

If someone has a NON blackberry phone and goes to a store that IS knowledgeable, that the store will charge $15 for the update right?

HOWEVER, if a person from this community or anyone reading the boards wants to avoid the hassle of finding "that right store", that Hulk will do it for $25....Lets just say the extra $10 is a convenience fee.

Facts correct? I have nothing against capitalism and making that extra buck. ;)

Upvote 0
Key word "knowledgeable", the vast majority of these stores don't know there ulna from there anus(if you know your medical terms).

And just like the others said, it's about MY time, because someone else is incompetent and cannot do there job properly, like the joker said "if you're good at something don't do it for free"

and the mafia has been disbanded ages ago, we are all operating on our own, back then things were different, it's a different world and technology now.

I'm not here trying to scam anybody, that's why I spoke to at least 2 mods, and I think 1, maybe 2 admins, to get clarification and approval of doing this. So if you think I'm out to get you, you're reading the wrong lines bud.

Reread my quote. Never said scam. Never even implied it. Was just wondering why you would charge MORE for something...and I got the answer ;) No need to get defensive. My questions were never meant as an attack on someone.

Upvote 0
DirtyDee, you didn't read my post correctly. I never said Hulk was here to "smash" and "scam" people. I agree with you! I was questioning the motive behind the "help" that Hulk IS offering to the community. You AGREE that he is simply trying to profit from this...
So let me see if I have the information correct...

The only reason why a store would not want to add an imei to the system is 1) if the phone is a blackberry and 2) if the store employee is incompetent to add it to the system right?

If someone has a NON blackberry phone and goes to a store that IS knowledgeable, that the store will charge $15 for the update right?

HOWEVER, if a person from this community or anyone reading the boards wants to avoid the hassle of finding "that right store", that Hulk will do it for $25....Lets just say the extra $10 is a convenience fee.

Facts correct? I have nothing against capitalism and making that extra buck. ;)

Capitalism you say? Perhaps lol, or I could just be the gentleman who thought of the idea to bring it to the boards for those who want to prove they can get other devices to work other then the "list" provided on the compatibility website.

And I didn't say I would add blackberry's, against the rules bud. I'm not trying to be rude either, just pointing out some things to you.

Plain and simple, if a store wont do it for you, and it's compatible, look me up, and I'll help you out.

Upvote 0
Let me introduce ya folks to hulk he's one of the originals from howardforums.com. him me mikey allmanpimp and gman and several others are from that forum. way before metro had any smart phones that had pure brew cdma 1x phones and there was the metro mafia i believe him allmanpimp and brown and logicalevil were the ones sharing exploits for metro phones from flashing to unlocking. when ya have a rare chance to get hooked up from some1 from the metro mafia do not and i do repeat take it lightly. Hulk is a very respectable member thats well known and trusted. i wouldnt recommend such help to any1 if i didnt know the person myself. I consider an honor he has decided to join us and contribute to this metro community. So Please with all due respect lets show him some gratitude and Respect!

Upvote 0
Let me introduce ya folks to hulk he's one of the originals from howardforums.com. him me mikey allmanpimp and gman and several others are from that forum. way before metro had any smart phones that had pure brew cdma 1x phones and there was the metro mafia i believe him allmanpimp and brown and logicalevil were the ones sharing exploits for metro phones from flashing to unlocking. when ya have a rare chance to get hooked up from some1 from the metro mafia do not and i do repeat take it lightly. Hulk is a very respectable member thats well known and trusted. i wouldnt recommend such help to any1 if i didnt know the person myself. I consider an honor he has decided to join us and contribute to this metro community. So Please with all due respect lets show him some gratitude and Respect!

1+ well said pa :thumbup::thumbup:

Reactions: n4zty and the hulk
Upvote 0

1+ well said pa :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you both for that, I really appreciate it!!

Reactions: n4zty and mike28
Upvote 0

Yeah listen to n4zty on this Hulk knows what he's doing and how to do what he's doing. I've actually been wondering when he was going to get a little more active over here good to see. Haven't seen pimp or logical yet unless they have different names here. But anyway when a guy like Hulk steps up to help with something if you need the help take it from him he wont steer you wrong.

Upvote 0
Yeah listen to n4zty on this Hulk knows what he's doing and how to do what he's doing. I've actually been wondering when he was going to get a little more active over here good to see. Haven't seen pimp or logical yet unless they have different names here. But anyway when a guy like Hulk steps up to help with something if you need the help take it from him he wont steer you wrong.

Thanks bud, Logi is doing his own thing from what I heard, Allmanallpimp is still running behind the scenes, the rest of the gang(including you brother) is over here and a little over at hofo still, I'm surprised olague isn't here, he's usually getting made fun of lol. Reemo has been working on cricket stuff last I heard, and Sweesy just popped up out of no where over here, so I guess most of us are still around, just working on different things now too.

Reactions: n4zty and mike28
Upvote 0
Thanks bud, Logi is doing his own thing from what I heard, Allmanallpimp is still running behind the scenes, the rest of the gang(including you brother) is over here and a little over at hofo still, I'm surprised olague isn't here, he's usually getting made fun of lol. Reemo has been working on cricket stuff last I heard, and Sweesy just popped up out of no where over here, so I guess most of us are still around, just working on different things now too.

olaugue is still busy trying to convince people that the samsung calibre is still the iphone killer loooool

Reactions: mike28 and the hulk
Upvote 0
i think the last phone he got was the lg motion or something like that lol but yea just to contribute to the topic best way to tell if a rep is blowing smoke is to enlighten yourself here in this great forum. know what you want and what it really cost. ive seen dealers trying to over charge for a phone. for example the samsung galaxy s3 was launched around in oct 22, 2012 the full price was $500 plus 7% tax in florida should of left it at around $545 the dealer was selling it to me at $570 i told who i was and where i hanged out at "androidforums.com" he knew who i was and is a member here. i ended up paying him alot less but still a lil more than what i wanted to pay oh well he only had 2 delivered to him and i did not want to wait any longer.... lol i ended paying $560 including the $15 upgrade bs fee them dealers always charge. My main point is this forum serves a huge purpose in its exsistance. Just ask learn and contribute thats the name of the game here. you guys will never be ripped off aslong as ya are willing to seek and learn here.

Reactions: mike28 and the hulk
Upvote 0
Wow I forgot how far metro has come. If you think a rep is blowing smoke if you can just go to a different store in your area and ask the same question. Hopefully you will get a different response also maybe try to be friendly with the people there. Here us what I mean there is a metro store by my work. I used to stop in ever so often and stalk with the guy behind the counter I even refereed people to that store. One day my parents got tried of there pre pat ATT phones so I told them to switch to metro we go over to the guys store and we talk a little I tell him wants up and my parents wanted to buy an optimus each. He says good but come back to more there is going to be a big price drop on them which there was. I also broke the USB port on my old code I still kinda miss that phone anyway I talked to him about it he sold me a new battery for it for $5 and gave me a universal battery charger he had lying around for free.

O yeah also don't forget your salty crackers

Reactions: the hulk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones