• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blu-Rays

All I've got in blu-ray is 300 and the second season of Darker than Black. Most of my anime collection is in DVD format and I don't see them converting anything but the newer/more popular stuff into blu-ray format. Which sucks. It's a lot more convenient to watch anime in blu-ray because you don't have to change disks nearly as often. :(

Upvote 0
I had over 130 DVD movies and then they went to bluray/DVD HD. I'm a little sheepish about building up a Bluray collection (especially one as extensive as my DVD collection). I remember when people had a big VHS collection and then decided to sell them to a video store. The store was offering them .25 for most of their movies....

Upvote 0
i never really get the idea of collecting movies... i watch it and i am done with it. if it is a great movie, i might want to watch it 3 times; that is very few. and that it is fine to wait till it comes on regular TV to watch it again.

I feel the same exact way, except for a few movies I love. I guess some people love more than a few movies.

Upvote 0
Amazon's having a sale if anyone wants to add onto their collection.

$7 Blu-rays:
Good Will Hunting $7
Reservoir Dogs $7
Lord of War $7
Rounders $7
Cop Land $7
Memento $7.50

$8 Blu-rays:
Rising Sun $8
Entrapment $8
Men of Honor $8
Crimson Tide $8
High Crimes $8
Courage Under Fire $8
Enemy of the State $8
Reindeer Games $8
Tremors $8
Amadeus $8
Dodgeball $8
Lost in Translation $8 Scarlett Johansson
All the Right Moves $8
Death Race $8
The Fly $8
Antwone Fisher $8
Marked for Death $8
The X Files: Fight the Future $8

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've been collecting DVDs for many years. Only recently, did my wife and I get a Blu-ray player, along with a suitably modern flat-panel 3D TV.

So far, I've not been that impressed with Blu-ray in general. To me, the picture quality isn't that much better than DVD, and I find the menu systems to be considerably less consistent or logical.

We're mostly buying new movies in Blu-ray rather than DVD format, but I don't feel any great need to replace most of my existing DVDs with Blu-ray.

The one thing that is impressive is 3D. We've so far only got two 3D Blu-ray

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones