• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth not closing

zizuno

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
I am using a rooted HTC Aria with 2.1 firmware. I've never had to use bluetooth on my phone until last week I tried sending a picture to my girlfriend through it and my bluetooth would force close the picture app. Well since I just texted her the picture, I went to close bluetooth and now it hangs on closing. The wireless settings says Turning Off... all the time now. The homescreen widget it dimmed green like it is closing but never actually closes. But there is no bluetooth icon. Only way to stop the hang is to do a hard reboot. Has anyone encountered this problem before, if so a possible fix?

Edit: Appears ATK was interfering with the bluetooth app. After uninstalling it, bluetooth closed properly.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones