• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Pairing Made Easier?

xuohtx

Aug 4, 2010
I am looking for a way to create a shortcut or perhaps an App that will allow me to pair/connect with devices easier.

I hate that I have to go through the following path to do this: Menu/Settings/Wireless & Networks/Bluetooth Settings/Select Device. I would love to be able to add a shortcut on my homescreen that would allow me to pair with a specific device. Or maybe a widget that lists your devices so you can just tap the one to connect with.

My car will connect automatically but other devices won't. Any help here?

I'm on a rooted HTC Eris, so not sure if we have the same settings, but try this.
Long press on a home screen (or whatever it is you do to tell you phone you'd like to add something to your home screen) select shortcuts > settings > bluetooth settings.
That will give you a shortcut to the screen where you pair & select devices - cut's out a fw steps anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones