• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Problem

TrueFangz

Android Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2013
USA
Not sure what the deal is. Up until today, In my car, I could play music, and movie audio and youtube to my built-in car bluetooth. Today while going on a road trip, I wanted to play a couple songs on youtube and the video played, but no audio would come through. I tried a few different videos on youtube, tried local videos from my SD card with no success. I was able to play music using the stock music app on the Note 3 and also with Google Play Music. (also was able to make a voice call work) So I know my connection between the phone and car is working. Last time I played a youtube video with the sound going through the bluetooth was last thursday.

Since last week, I've gotten updates from the play store for google play music, youtube, and amazon kindle. I have done nothing else to my phone at all.

To trouble shoot, I uninstalled the updates from the 3 apps above, cleared cache from those apps, and many other apps. I even did a battery pull, and wiped the system cache, all to no success.

I have no idea when or why this has happened, and I'm out of ideas for a fix, short of a FDR, which I dread.

Any suggestions come to mind?

I'm running Verizon Galaxy Note 3, 4.4.2 stock.

Thanks for your reply!

Nope, haven't installed new or changed any settings. just updated the few apps listed, at some point between the two Thursday's.

The weird thing, I tried it out on my Logitech bluetooth speaker at home, and everything worked, so I went back to my car, and still only the two music apps worked, but not youtube or any other video players.

Nothing in my car has changed. everything's stock, and it's just a basic radio. No wifi, video, or anything funky. So for kicks, I unpaired the phone with my car, and repaired, and same story. This makes absolutely no sense to me :(

Upvote 0
Still have been having problems getting youtube or any other videos to stream audio to my car's built in BT.

I discovered a trick to get it to work though.

After phone connects to car, I open the default music app, or google play music (both work the same for me, but I like the stock app better) and once a song starts playing, I just go to my youtube app, or my video folder on SD card, and start a video. The music app will pause, and the video will stream the audio to the car. Have to do this each time though.

Never had to do this before, but it's a workaround that works, so I'm good at the moment.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Reactions: Digital Controller
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones