1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Bluetooth Problems in my Nissan Versa car

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimsullivan2, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jimsullivan2

jimsullivan2 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I have an HTC Hero and a new 11 Nissan Versa with bluetooth. My bluetooth works intermittently. Usually, when I get in the car the phone connects to the bluetooth and I can dial from the car. However, I get no audio during the call and the person that I call can't hear me. If I reset the bluetooth connection from the phone a couple of times it starts working again. Once the connection is gone, either if I get out and back in the car or shut off the bluetooth on the phone then turn it back on again, it happens again. I am not sure if it's problem with the phone or the bluetooth system in the car.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    I don't know much about bluetooth in general, but have you updated to android 2.1 yet? It's meant to have better bluetooth support.

3. jimsullivan2

jimsullivan2 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Yes. Fully upgraded.

4. TDHERO

TDHERO Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I have the same problem with the hero in my 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've been able to connect and place a call but it randomly disconnects. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes it will be two minutes into the call. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution? I currently have 2.1

5. Super Hero

Super Hero New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Gov't Geek
    Greensboro, NC
    I have a 2009 Versa and a Sprint HTC Hero and have the same issue. Please let me know if you discover a solution or at least the proper order for turning the BT on/off to get a connection. I can't seem to find a pattern.

6. jimsullivan2

jimsullivan2 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    What I do: I have a BT switch on my home screen. After I start the car, I turn on the BT on the phone. Then I dial *2 to test it. If it doesn't work, I turn off BT on the phone and turn it back on again. Then test again. Usually by the second time it connects but I have had to do it 2 or 3 times. Once it's connected, it's good until you turn the car off again...

I would like to find out (but I don't know how) is where the problem is; with the phone or the car. Once I know, I can start b!tching to someone about it until its fixed.

Super Hero, Have you had similar issues with the same car or the same phone? Have you had a phone work with the car with no problem?

7. TxLightkeeper

TxLightkeeper New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I just bought a 2011 Frontier and own a HTC Hero. I have the same exact problems identified here and am pretty sure it is a Hero issue. Today I paired my old LG Rumor with the Nissan and no matter how many times I connected it, it worked each time. The Hero only works once in a while. The Hero was just updated the other day so it is current on software. I hope someone comes up with the answer to this soon as it is very frustrating.

8. dadto5

dadto5 New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Was a pilot-now a Stay@home dad
    New Castle, DE

That's the only way I can get it to work everytime with out fail. This is my first Android device. The jury is still out.....

Tags: