• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Problems in my Nissan Versa car

jimsullivan2

Lurker
Aug 28, 2010
I have an HTC Hero and a new 11 Nissan Versa with bluetooth. My bluetooth works intermittently. Usually, when I get in the car the phone connects to the bluetooth and I can dial from the car. However, I get no audio during the call and the person that I call can't hear me. If I reset the bluetooth connection from the phone a couple of times it starts working again. Once the connection is gone, either if I get out and back in the car or shut off the bluetooth on the phone then turn it back on again, it happens again. I am not sure if it's problem with the phone or the bluetooth system in the car.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have the same problem with the hero in my 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've been able to connect and place a call but it randomly disconnects. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes it will be two minutes into the call. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution? I currently have 2.1

Upvote 0
What I do: I have a BT switch on my home screen. After I start the car, I turn on the BT on the phone. Then I dial *2 to test it. If it doesn't work, I turn off BT on the phone and turn it back on again. Then test again. Usually by the second time it connects but I have had to do it 2 or 3 times. Once it's connected, it's good until you turn the car off again...

I would like to find out (but I don't know how) is where the problem is; with the phone or the car. Once I know, I can start b!tching to someone about it until its fixed.

Super Hero, Have you had similar issues with the same car or the same phone? Have you had a phone work with the car with no problem?

Upvote 0
I just bought a 2011 Frontier and own a HTC Hero. I have the same exact problems identified here and am pretty sure it is a Hero issue. Today I paired my old LG Rumor with the Nissan and no matter how many times I connected it, it worked each time. The Hero only works once in a while. The Hero was just updated the other day so it is current on software. I hope someone comes up with the answer to this soon as it is very frustrating.

Upvote 0
What I do: I have a BT switch on my home screen. After I start the car, I turn on the BT on the phone. Then I dial *2 to test it. If it doesn't work, I turn off BT on the phone and turn it back on again. Then test again. Usually by the second time it connects but I have had to do it 2 or 3 times. Once it's connected, it's good until you turn the car off again...

I would like to find out (but I don't know how) is where the problem is; with the phone or the car. Once I know, I can start b!tching to someone about it until its fixed.

Super Hero, Have you had similar issues with the same car or the same phone? Have you had a phone work with the car with no problem?

That's the only way I can get it to work everytime with out fail. This is my first Android device. The jury is still out.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones