• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bluetooth works for phone call but not media

simollie

Aug 5, 2010
I have a cheap old bluetooth headset that worked great with my Q9c. Now I want to use it with the DX for podcast. It paired and connected just fine. And I can make phone call with it. However, it won't play any media audio (Google Listen, Pandora, etc.).

In bluetooth setting the device is connected to phone audio. Does it need to be connected to something like "media audio"? Is it just the limitation of my BT headset or I can work around it by tweaking a setting on the phone?

Thanks!

I beleive that's how the phone is set up and you can't change it. My old phone sent my Nav voice to my BT, but the X sends it thru its speakers. I was on Pandora today with the music going to my car's stereo AUX port. When I went to make a call, I briefly heard the music in the headset WHILE THE PHONE WAS ASKING ME WHAT I WANTED TO DO???

Anyone else seeing this? Just to clarify, here are the steps:

BT was on and paired
Phone connected to my car stereo's AUX input
Ran Pandora and heard it on my car's speakers (as expected)
Clicked my headset to make a call, Pandora stopped briefly
Pandora started up again in my headset, while the X was asking me what I wanted to do
I said "call home" and again, Pandora stopped
Pandora started up again in my headset while the X was verifying the number
When the music was in my headset, it would stop when the X was looking for an answer.
Needless to say, the starting and stopping of Pandora in the headset was ridiculous and annoying

Why wouldn't it just stop until I finished the call and playing music in my ear while trying to hear instructions is not cool. Hope this and the Nav to BT (or Pandora as OP suggests) is an option with Froyo. Leaked Froyo users, feel free to let us too chicken to do it know how it works with 2.2.

Reactions: simollie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones