• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [MOD] CTMod ROM n00b'ed (RC2 1/4/13)

Is this up to date now Mr. Bobo?

Could you incorporate an extended power menu?

Great work otherwise as always Mr. Bobo

I don't understand your question, maybe it's because I haven't had my coffee yet LOL

What are you asking here? Beta 2 has the UOT kitchen fix included, yes. It already has the extended power menu that Bloodawn created for the original ROM, is that not showing up for you?

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Sorry Mr. Bobo. I did a fresh install and it showed up. I don't see too much of a difference other than its actually a little slower than the original CT mod. No offense. Maybe I'm just slow. I haven't been around in a month or so. :eek:

no problem bud, slower with a fresh install and clean sd card or after you get all set up with apps etc and without cleaning up the sd? Installed fresh, I found this mod on top of ct to be really responsive.

Upvote 0
My SD is packed with pictures of my kid I can't delete or move anywhere. Aside from that it has nothing on it. The slower responses were before I installed apps. It feels fine now. Not super fast or slow. Just a warp. Lol

true, it will always be a warp underneath the covers and until we go to ics or jb based android, it's still just gb 2.3.5 on top of mediocre hardware LOL

Upvote 0
true, it will always be a warp underneath the covers and until we go to ics or jb based android, it's still just gb 2.3.5 on top of mediocre hardware LOL

Heavy Sigh!!

didn't mean to be a downer LilBit :)

I am optimistic about getting off 2.3.5 at some point, it's really a decent phone with some great ROMs on it

Upvote 0
Well..... wasn't that the whole reason for naming a new "super rom". Tell people to stop bitching, and just be patient.
I know that maybe, here shortly ( I hope) that we are gonna break that barrier. The knowledge is out there.
And It's time.
Everybody has jobs, (those generous devs, and kernel builders) and have generously given devoted application to this phone. I know it's been very quiet lately. But I feel like that something outstanding is about to happen.

Upvote 0
Well..... wasn't that the whole reason for naming a new "super rom". Tell people to stop bitching, and just be patient.
I know that maybe, here shortly ( I hope) that we are gonna break that barrier. The knowledge is out there.
And It's time.
Everybody has jobs, (those generous devs, and kernel builders) and have generously given devoted application to this phone. I know it's been very quiet lately. But I feel like that something outstanding is about to happen.

agreed, here is my latest thought on that topic

Upvote 0
@ MrBobo, any plans on doing to this what you did with n00bVIII with b10? Just wondering and if not it's all good. :D To be honest I'm not even sure it's possible without the CTMod being updated.

I could but honestly I just wanted this mod to add new functionality... The baseband update can be safely flashed over ct as well as this mod without hurting anything, to go fully to B10 all the framework files would need to have the ct stuff ported... Doable but I didn't want to start a new rom here

Upvote 0
Hahaha startin it early...WELL DONE! I've been using smoothass too along with sio. Can't tell which I prefer yet. Smoothass seems to have a bit more snappiness but more battery too. Inconclusive at this point

I switch to smoothass also here about two weeks ago and I have to agree, alot snapper and battery is unbelivable......:thrasher:;)

Reactions: MrBobo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones