• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] need a little help, please

I stand corrected.. again.

Why am I a guide again? :p

You are a guide because you are willing to admit when you are corrected plus you well i dont know how long you researched for but said you were doing that for someone only because he needed help even though you have never met or probably never will meet this person a guide is always misinterpreted as someone who knows alot i say nay i say i guide is someone with experience who also has the will to help others unconditionally never question why you are a guide because sir you have gone above and beyond guide

Upvote 0
wow after six months thats insane! im so happy i had no troubles. i tried it one day just to see if i could do it and i had it done in like 30 minutes. but i guess its just different for everyone. happy you finally go root!

I probably being i knew nothing about root would have bricked my phone if i got it instantly but in that six months i learned ALOT so well worth the wait

Reactions: Alsaces Daddy
Upvote 0
Thanks obitron. We guides try hard to help all members as much as possible. Its actually more of a pleasure than job to help out. I am glad we/you finally got your situation squared away.

I know the next thing might be a ROM. So let us know if we can help with that too. Have a great day! ;)

The two main roms i have seen everybody using in the various threads here are shinjitsu and unitology but i may have different needs due to me dipping into ethical hacking i basically need a rom that can overclock, run droidsheep, i have four games i play on here-shadowgun-star legends-minecraft pe-and c.h.a.o.s, i need developer app support (and some nifty developer app suggestions would be highly appreciated) for building my own rom one day and developing app for android, um running packet sniffer flawlessly, optimization of ram would be sublime, and custom bootloader dev tools if only one topic is suggested it would be greatly appreciated thank you

Upvote 0
Here's a trick question.. What's your favorite color?

Shinjitsu is a solid beta ROM. There are a couple known bugs but not too many. His rom is blue and black.

Unitology has been stopped for the time being. It is a very stable ROM with a few build.prop tweaks to it in order to create better 3g and various other Snid bits. His rom is RED.

I would go with shinjitsu for the time being to be honest. He has a lot of new and improving mods to his ROM that none other has or he brought them to us first.

If you decide you want to try them both then let me know in a PM. I will send you the zip to unitology if the link isn't up anymore.

Upvote 0
Here's a trick question.. What's your favorite color?

Shinjitsu is a solid beta ROM. There are a couple known bugs but not too many. His rom is blue and black.

Unitology has been stopped for the time being. It is a very stable ROM with a few build.prop tweaks to it in order to create better 3g and various other Snid bits. His rom is RED.

I would go with shinjitsu for the time being to be honest. He has a lot of new and improving mods to his ROM that none other has or he brought them to us first.

If you decide you want to try them both then let me know in a PM. I will send you the zip to unitology if the link isn't up anymore.

What if my favorite color is green?? Hahaha no blue is so may i have a link to the latest shinjitsu please

Upvote 0
That's what I'm running. I still had the problem. Flashed hroarks kernel and it worked like a charm.

Now i am going to write down the instructions but at one point it tells me to get a NANDROID for backup is this not the sole purpose of clockwork recovery?? Also in another post about the warp alot of people cant get the nandroid to work suggestions?

Upvote 0
Nandroid backup is what you make in cwm.. When you go into cwm, hit backup!! Site the phone down and when it's done reboot your phone.. It saves the backups into clockwork mod folder on your sd card.. If anything was to ever happen by a mistake that messed up your phone, you would go into cwm and hit restore. And it will restore every single thing on your phone as it was when you backed it up.,

Upvote 0
I suggest setting up all of your apps and everything how you want it.. Then go make your first Nandroid!!! U don't need to clear caches or data when making or restoring a backup

So the answer is you make your own backup in cwm

Well right after i asked what a nandroid is i found out instantly i was just so far into the process i couldnt cancel the question

Upvote 0
two other roms you should try out if you want a change:

wcs rom and n00b ROM.

Shin's rom is epic and he originated a lot of the features you see, also jet's ROM wcs is epic and he was another originator of features/look/feel...

lastly I created n00b ROM, it pulls together a lot of the great things from jet and shin with a more minimal feel/color scheme and is a great base for a starting point in developing.

We don't have a stable overclock for the warp yet, the stock kernel is stable and currently downthemachine's kernel is popular, it enables swap, we have one unconfirmed issue with bluetooth on that kernel but I don't have the hardware to try and confirm it.

Upvote 0
two other roms you should try out if you want a change:

wcs rom and n00b ROM.

Shin's rom is epic and he originated a lot of the features you see, also jet's ROM wcs is epic and he was another originator of features/look/feel...

lastly I created n00b ROM, it pulls together a lot of the great things from jet and shin with a more minimal feel/color scheme and is a great base for a starting point in developing.

We don't have a stable overclock for the warp yet, the stock kernel is stable and currently downthemachine's kernel is popular, it enables swap, we have one unconfirmed issue with bluetooth on that kernel but I don't have the hardware to try and confirm it.

Mr Bob I have got your from noob IV up and running and I only have one problem so far it gets stuck in a loop at the play store when I download something from "my apps" I'm still waiting for it to start downloading also this keyboard has a hard time keeping up with me hahahaha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones