• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Official Carbon KitKat Nightlies Are Here!!

Haven't flashed 3/1 yet, but noticed the file size was about 6MB larger than usual. Notice anything extra or different on this build @wyelkins? Change log hasn't been posted yet as of this writing.

Went through the menus. Don't notice anything new. 6MB sounds like a pretty big change. Radio switching does seem to behave differently, but that could be Sprint shenanigans in my neighborhood.

I did get a Chance to try Hotshot over LTE. It worked great to my Tablet.

Upvote 0
Went through the menus. Don't notice anything new. 6MB sounds like a pretty big change. Radio switching does seem to behave differently, but that could be Sprint shenanigans in my neighborhood.

I did get a Chance to try Hotshot over LTE. It worked great to my Tablet.

Also, on recent builds I notice that USB connection to my laptop works much better than it used to. It actually works better than Touchwiz.

Weird...when Chrome on my laptop was downloading it said 160 MB for the file size, but once downloaded, it was the "normal" size of approximately 155 MB. Don't know what happened there.

Upvote 0
Weird...when Chrome on my laptop was downloading it said 160 MB for the file size, but once downloaded, it was the "normal" size of approximately 155 MB. Don't know what happened there.

Not sure. I downloaded it Straight to my phone since I did not have to mess with the asserts. It is indeed 160MB. According to the downloads app and Root Explorer. Flashed without a hitch.

Upvote 0
Sprint version from yesterday 2/28 is running great. No problems with camera either that I can tell.

Team Carbon has been doing some awesome work with these nightlies.

GO TEAM CARBON!

y6yrazas.jpg

Upvote 0
Is your LTE working along with MMS? Did you have to flash the APN fix? I'm pumped the camera is sorted out :D

Unfortunately I don't have LTE in my area yet. As for MMS, I haven't had to do anything in quite awhile to get it working. All I do is remove the asserts from the Sprint ROM, flash it and MMS works. Come to think of it, I haven't had to mess with any of the APNs to get MMS working when running any of the Kit Kat ROMs. MMS works automatically on all of the AOSP Kit Kat ROMs I've tried.

I prefer the Sprint versions but they also have the d2lte versions that do not require the removal of the asserts.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I don't have LTE in my area yet. As for MMS, I haven't had to do anything in quite awhile to get it working. All I do is remove the asserts from the Sprint ROM, flash it and MMS works. Come to think of it, I haven't had to mess with any of the APNs to get MMS working when running any of the Kit Kat ROMs. MMS works automatically on all of the AOSP Kit Kat ROMs I've tried.

I haven't had any problems with MMS either. I'll try it out and report back if 4G works. I have it here at home.

Upvote 0
Mms never works here.

Ya know, it's really strange that some people's phones have MMS working automatically after flashing while others don't. I wonder what's up with that?

What's even more strange is that my settings are set for Sprint and my MMS still works perfectly. I'm pretty sure other people's settings are set on Sprint too and theirs is working.

You can always use an app like Chompsms and manually set the proxies to either Sprint or Boost.

These are my settings. As you can see, mine are set to sprintpcs.

9atu2esy.jpg

Upvote 0
Ya know, it's really strange that some people's phones have MMS working automatically after flashing while others don't. I wonder what's up with that?

What's even more strange is that my settings are set for Sprint and my MMS still works perfectly. I'm pretty sure other people's settings are set on Sprint too and theirs is working.

You can always use an app like Chompsms and manually set the proxies to either Sprint or Boost.

These are my settings. As you can see, mine are set to sprintpcs.

9atu2esy.jpg

Yeah already tried all that time and time again with no luck. I just implemented the mms fix where I had to installed the apn backup and restore app amd make it a root application. Backed up original apn settings and restored the boost one from the xml file I downloaded on another thread. Mms now works though I've yet to test lte.

Upvote 0
Yeah already tried all that time and time again with no luck. I just implemented the mms fix where I had to installed the apn backup and restore app amd make it a root application. Backed up original apn settings and restored the boost one from the xml file I downloaded on another thread. Mms now works though I've yet to test lte.

If you changed your mms settings to what wetbicker has it should work use chomp to send and receive mms because for me it doesn't work on anything else
Also you have to be on 3g to send and receive not 4g

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones