• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [Request] CM9 Update Please

The developer relations contact is a way that developers in the community can get in contact with CyanogenMod developers. This contact is not intended as an extra outlet for support.

If a device is currently unsupported, there are two possible reasons as to why.

1.) If the device was previously supported and is no longer supported, this means the previous maintainer has either left the CM team, or has become to busy with their own life to continue the work.

2.) It is because there is not a developer on the CM team that is willing to take on the work to maintain it.

In either case, if you would like to see support for this device, the best thing to do would be to find a member of the community who is willing to work on this device. This person would need to create a properly working device folder, and submit it to us through our devrel initiative.

Thanks, Jef Oliver (jeagoss)

Upvote 0
Ok looking back at the old thread i see we have a decent source of knowledge to take advantage of to start making changes. The original developers managed to get a booting version, with a few breakthroughs on the RILs and one of the last posts on the original thread state that someone has notices similarity between our devices and his, to me that sounds like a great way to start by implementing the same changes and fixes they have atleast as a new starting point for us. I mean come on he even told us he would help. All we need is more people to organize things on our end and a few testers andvwe would be ready to roll. I just got this phone and im more than willing to help test new builds and i am subscribed to this post for updates. Come on team lets get it together

Upvote 0
Ok looking back at the old thread i see we have a decent source of knowledge to take advantage of to start making changes. The original developers managed to get a booting version, with a few breakthroughs on the RILs and one of the last posts on the original thread state that someone has notices similarity between our devices and his, to me that sounds like a great way to start by implementing the same changes and fixes they have atleast as a new starting point for us. I mean come on he even told us he would help. All we need is more people to organize things on our end and a few testers andvwe would be ready to roll. I just got this phone and im more than willing to help test new builds and i am subscribed to this post for updates. Come on team lets get it together

Trust me, its not that easy

Upvote 0
Trust me, its not that easy

This times 100.

It's so hard to get a ROM to work at times, due to firmware, kernel, smali coding, etc.

I tried building an MIUI ROM that was based on CM9...and holy crap, talk about annoying and hard.

I FINALLY got it to boot once...Buuut....Issue I had was it was split into 4 multiple instances on the screen...it was terrible.

Basically, a 2x2 grid showing the same stuff.

Upvote 0
This times 100.

It's so hard to get a ROM to work at times, due to firmware, kernel, smali coding, etc.

I tried building an MIUI ROM that was based on CM9...and talk about annoying and hard.

I FINALLY got it to boot once...Buuut....Issue I had was it was split into 4 multiple instances on the screen...it was terrible.

Basically, a 2x2 grid showing the same stuff.

Check yourself on the GD, Language Thingy.:D

Reactions: spencer320
Upvote 0
Yes the quietstorm is very elusive.... but as for cm9, I would love to work on it, but my source and everything is on my desktop... with my ex.... and she's being a pain about giving it back. So, I bought a laptop... a sony vaio- VGN-NR110E... hopefully it'll have enough computing power to build cm9 relatively quickly..... otherwise it'll be a pain in my ass to build, test, make changes, build again, test, and keep going...

Upvote 0
Yes the quietstorm is very elusive.... but as for cm9, I would love to work on it, but my source and everything is on my desktop... with my ex.... and she's being a pain about giving it back. So, I bought a laptop... a sony vaio- VGN-NR110E... hopefully it'll have enough computing power to build cm9 relatively quickly..... otherwise it'll be a pain in my ass to build, test, make changes, build again, test, and keep going...

That sucks!! :(
I've learned never to breakup until I have all my valuables back....

Good to see you back.... I know you've made some serious progress earlier.

Upvote 0
That sucks!! :(
I've learned never to breakup until I have all my valuables back....

Good to see you back.... I know you've made some serious progress earlier.

now that im back, tryin to make some progress now, but with what i got i cant seem to.. cant even build cm9... lots of missing dependencies... so i really really need my desktop back. I plan on getting it back soon.. ima have a talk with her.

[EDIT]
also with miui, I had it booting, had it working but... it was upside down... haveta do some more smali editing to the framework i guess.. even wifi was working on it, RIL was working, bluetooth... but it was upside down, and hard to view

Upvote 0
Ok, update:

After a few days, finally pulled some time out of my ass while i was at work to download the cm9 and cm7 files (today:()... still waiting for cm9 to finish downloading. I will start working on the files tonight after i take a nap (a full nights sleep is for the weak). I will start doing comparisons of the motorola triumph source and ours to see if i can get wifi working since we use the same driver. Will also do research to see what kind of bluetooth is in my phone, should have went looking at the mobo of my phone when I opened it to fix the shattered screen, if worse comes to worse, will open phone back up and look at the pcb and the wifi board to get make and model numbers of the chips for bluetooth and wifi. This will be a fun experience for me, cant wait! If I can get the model numbers I can see which devices in the device tree for cm9 or cm7 have the same wifi and bluetooth and try to see if the settings and code will work on our phone. I also might haveta take a look at some of the bluetooth files because in building, it errors out at the a2dp code... (uber gay).
I was wondering, does the MTDEV source come with modified RIL code or would I need that off one of you guys, and if I would need it off you guys, can I please get that off you guys?

NOT A DOUBLE POST, just that NOBODY else posts here but me... kinda feeling lonely in the dev community for the warp........lol...

Upvote 0
Ok, update:

After a few days, finally pulled some time out of my ass while i was at work to download the cm9 and cm7 files (today:()... still waiting for cm9 to finish downloading. I will start working on the files tonight after i take a nap (a full nights sleep is for the weak). I will start doing comparisons of the motorola triumph source and ours to see if i can get wifi working since we use the same driver. Will also do research to see what kind of bluetooth is in my phone, should have went looking at the mobo of my phone when I opened it to fix the shattered screen, if worse comes to worse, will open phone back up and look at the pcb and the wifi board to get make and model numbers of the chips for bluetooth and wifi. This will be a fun experience for me, cant wait! If I can get the model numbers I can see which devices in the device tree for cm9 or cm7 have the same wifi and bluetooth and try to see if the settings and code will work on our phone. I also might haveta take a look at some of the bluetooth files because in building, it errors out at the a2dp code... (uber gay).
I was wondering, does the MTDEV source come with modified RIL code or would I need that off one of you guys, and if I would need it off you guys, can I please get that off you guys?

NOT A DOUBLE POST, just that NOBODY else posts here but me... kinda feeling lonely in the dev community for the warp........lol...

You're not alone fool!!! Lol... we've been working on this underground for some time now... well not so much cm9... we skipped to cm10

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones