1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] [Request] CM9 Update Please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrBobo, Aug 24, 2012.

1. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

This is a request going out to the devs for a status/new thread for the CM9 build. I know we stalled due to hroark and others leaving. I am not even sure who has the goods, but whoever has a the latest build for testing and source locations, could you start a new thread (or reply with the info and I will do it here) for CM9 since Hroark is no longer with us?

here is the cm9 thread: http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/556512-cm9-warp-development-thread.html

If we could have a thread set up where the first post tells the status of the project and latest build with flashable zip links or a cwm backup link I would be forever in your debt. I am happy to do it here if people can post the different parts, a status, source links and test build links would be a starting point, also I would like to put together a bug list.

aaanadie likes this.
  2. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

reserved

3. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

4. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito

That is on the first page. The source is near the top. Quietstorm also has a git setup for this, among his edits I believe

5. downthemachine

And I spoke with him recently. He said he would never pull his links even though he left

MrBobo likes this.
  6. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

thanks bro, is that all the latest source we have on cm9 though? reading through the thread I wasn't sure if it was... also since it's his personal account in the links does that allow others to work on the source etc?

do we have source for his kernel too?

My main purpose was to start a thread or have one started by an android forums member who's still active and able to update the OP, since hroark has been gone for quite a while the op hasn't been updated in a long time so you have to read through the whole thread to figure out where we are.

7. downthemachine

His kernel source is at the same git. As far as who's working on it, I only know that quietstorm did, and has now gone back to cm7.

8. Wat ever happen to quietstorm?

9. downthemachine

Quietstorm is elusive ;)

apnsb likes this.
  10. wilm804xx

wilm804xx Well-Known Member

hey everyone, sorry for no response in the past but i am taking over this project

MrBobo likes this.
  11. wilm804xx

wilm804xx Well-Known Member

i have cm9 experience from working with mantera on the triumph. i will provide updates on what works and fixes on a weekly basis. all other developers are free to help me produce our first ever cm9 rom for this phone

shizack and Tigatron like this.
  12. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

Hoark left us? Boy, you go on a business trip and you miss so much...

13. downthemachine

Yes hroark left, but not really us. He was upset with af. If you would like to know more pm me. Or contact him on xda

mercury0x000d and MrBobo like this.
  14. xdyckox

xdyckox Well-Known Member

You can do it mr bobo i know you wont give up :)!

15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Thread cleaned of some confused stuff about the merits of cm.

No cause for that - devs work hard and provide what they can, when they can. ;)

SelfElevated2, MrBobo and themaninblk like this.
  16. downthemachine

Well more help the better

Bone334 likes this.
  17. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

william, if you want to head this up, I recommend posting a new thread for it, pulling what you can from what's been done as a starting point and making it official with logs of what's working/not working etc.

I appreciate any help anyone can do to get this going again!

18. WhatGuy77

WhatGuy77 Lurker

Any updates is there a cm9 rom out there ready for flashing

19. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

you can flash it but most of the main functions don't work yet, I think it boots but haven't tried it yet.

20. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

It boots... but it has almost every problem you can imagine... and there is an issue with the graphics which makes the launcher have to repeatedly reload

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

MrBobo likes this.
  21. Bone334

Bone334 Member

How is the project coming along so far? I am sure many warp users will love this on our phones.
    Any updates are greatly appreciated as well as your hard work.

22. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

I have sent an email to the Cyanogen devs hoping to hear back soon I'll let you guys know :)

Bone334 likes this.
  23. downthemachine

Would this be the first prepaid to be officially supported

24. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

me too, just did last night, I got a dev's email from satanr so we will see if he responds, I offered the phone we have available or to get money together if we can get an official dev from cyanogen to help us port cm9...

Bone334, mholloway and StarScream2109 like this.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews