• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Return to Stock for CWM (updated 4/11)

hroark13

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2011
This is as close to a pure stock image as I can get

These ROMs are flashed with CWM

They will

format /system /data /cache

extract the stock system files to /system

create the proper symlinks that are suppose to be on a stock ROM

set permissions

flash the stock kernel

flash the stock recovery (replaces CWM recovery)

THIS DOES NOT FLASH BASEBAND OR BOOTLOADERS

latest version
ZW-RTS-FOR-CWM-19-0B08C.zip
ZW-RTS-FOR-CWM-19-0B08C.zip

ZW-RTS-FOR-CWM-16-0B08.zip
ZW-RTS-FOR-CWM-16-0B08.zip

ZW-RTS-FOR-CWM-14-0B07.zip
ZW-RTS-FOR-CWM-14-0B07.zip

ZW-RTS-FOR-CWM-12-0B06.zip
ZW-RTS-FOR-CWM-12-0B06.zip

original file I made from one of the Nandroids I found on this site
zte_warp_RTS_vb_for_CWM.zip

If I have helped you, and you like my work, please click on the Thanks Button and give my thread a rating by clicking on the stars above.

If you would like to buy me a coffee, you can click on the PayPal button

I apologize for my bad English and stupid questions at first:D.

Should be good having a similar version of this rom, exactly the same thing but rooted and with latest cmw, I'd like to have both, using this one to bring my phone to the store and the rooted version for everything else needing return to stock.

Thank you very much for your support, We don't have a lot of devs for ours Warps.

Upvote 0
I apologize for my bad English and stupid questions at first:D.

Should be good having a similar version of this rom, exactly the same thing but rooted and with latest cmw, I'd like to have both, using this one to bring my phone to the store and the rooted version for everything else needing return to stock.

Thank you very much for your support, We don't have a lot of devs for ours Warps.

I may make that ROM

What I am trying to do is provide a bunch of tools to encourage more people to do dev work on this phone

the more people we have the better

Upvote 0
hroark, any chance you can update this with woodstock's nandroid backup of b08c? I want to point people here to go back to stock, but it's a firmware version back and b08c solved a lot of issues... if it's a ton of work/time I don't want to take you away from cm7 though :)

Thanks also for coming to warp, it's a HUGE bonus to have you around and you have already put us leaps and bounds ahead of where we were!

Happy coding!

Upvote 0
I would say that the best way to return to stock is to use FTM mode and the Online Upgrade utility

But if you have CWM then you do not have FTM Mode, and you have to flash stock recovery back

So the RTS in the OP is good to return you to stock recovery and system image

What I would like to do is create some thing that is practical

For instance, if we get CyanogenMod Working

Well CyanogenMOD does not support hidden menu stuff, updating PRLs and activation of the phone

So any one who will be running CyanogenMOD would be smart to keep a stock image on their sdcard that they can flash in CWM if they need to do any of those things

We will not want it to overwrite the CWM recovery with stock recovery

So I should make a zip that flashes you to Stock B08c but leaves the recovery partition alone

Upvote 0
Wow, and here I thought the ROM only went back as far as B08... Dunno whether seeing all these changes are encouraging or not.

I really do not think we need those older ones, but they may help someone like a developer who is looking for older files

I am actually going to try to use some of the B06 files with CyanogenMod, since I am having issues with the new files

Just because a ROM has a later version number, does not always mean it is better, a lot of times it is just security fixes to try and prevent people from getting root and stuff like that

Upvote 0
Yo Knoxville363, I noticed in your videos that you boot into CWM recovery from your computer. There is a much simpler way to do it. Simply just power off your phone, then turn it back on holding the power button and volume+ key at the same time and that also gets you into CWM recovery. Pretty much the way you are doing it you are reinstalling CWM every time which your not really doing anything wrong but its easier and faster the way I explained.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones