• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] ALIENWARP v2.0.2 (Update v2.0.3 released)

Im not sure if its rom or kernal related but using my service for internet instead of wifi my bat is destroyd i have a 4200 and iv lost 50% in about 3 hours with off and on internet searching

Wow.
Whats your cpu settings?
What is your screen brightness?
Any apps that may be running in the background?

Ive got stock battery and played angry birds star wars for 2 hours and was still at 60%

Upvote 0
Brightness at minimum allowed by the toggles and the cpu set how it was from flash besides the 1.4 cap i put. And as far as i know the only app running background right now is facebook but since i use bomb that task it kill all that when the screen goes black

That is strange. Sounds like youve got the right idea. (The kernel is auto caped to 1.4ghz)
Task killers can cause more problems than they help.

Also im fairly certain its the new kernal but i notice the 3g or 1x sybols drop somtimes during calls then i cant hear anyone. I just spent a good amout of time on the phone with my girl while shes in la and i had to call back multiple timws

Ok im a bit lost here. You shouldnt have 3g or 1x showing during calls as those are data and data drops during calls.

Ive got no issues with calls dropping or lack of sound. Maybe go to recovery and wipe cach and re flash update 2 and see if that helps. You can go back to the old kernel its at the bottom of post 3.

Upvote 0
Ill dissable the task killer and use the zram test and see how that does for the bat and as for the calls it may just be my service in certain areas ill try to narrow it down to figure it out

Sounds good.

My service in my apartment is trash. It jumps 1x 3g to no data and my bars go none to 4 and anyplace in between. I go outside the building and ive got 4-6 bars and good 3g.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones