• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM/Modem]TouchWiz NDC Stock

moonknightus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2011
Buffalo, NY
NDC Stock ROM

This is ONLY for use if you have already updated your bootloader to ND8 or NDC.

Custom recovery flashable stock ROM for those of you who want to go back to stock after trying other ROMs.

This does not include the modem, bootloader, recovery, RPM, or TZ.

Has been tested with ND8 and NDC bootloaders and modems.

This is pure stock pulled directly from the system image from the Kies TAR file.

Download Stock ROM

NDC Modem

This is ONLY for use if you have already updated your bootloader to ND8 or NDC.

This is the modem image from the Virgin/Boost NDC update flashable via custom recovery.

This has been tested with ND8 and NDC bootloaders. To use with an ND8 based ROM, you'll need a custom kernel as the stock ND8 kernel does not appear to work with it.

Download NDC modem

Be sure to thank Agent4834, jdsingle76, and everybody else in this thread who helped make this possible.

Sorry. Is this any different than running the boost tar if you're already on nd8? Sorry

This is for folks who are currently on ND8 and want to get NDC system and modem. As moonknightus said, this does not replace the bootloader. If you flash the NDC(boost) tar, you'll have NDC bootloader and Rom, thus, negating any reason for flashing this UNLESS you want to get back to stock after testing other roms(as he mentioned). This is essentially like having a pure stock backup rom in zip form in case you forget to run a nandroid backup before flashing another rom, and want to get your stuff back to stock...Not sure if that made sense, but it does in my head :)

Upvote 0
I haven't seen any difference.

Moon,

My wife's S3 is running jdsingle76's rooted ND8 ROM on Boost.

My S3 is running your Conquest ROM on VM.

From a ND8/NDC modem knowledge perspective do you think it would be beneficial to flash your ND8 modem on my S3 and then do a side-by-side comparison of signal strength and/or speed test between the two phones?

Edit: I meant to say "flash your NDC modem on my S3"

Upvote 0
Moon,

From a ND8/NDC modem knowledge perspective do you think it would be beneficial to flash your ND8 modem on my S3 and then do a side-by-side comparison of signal strength and/or speed test between the two phones?

In my own observations, travelling through multiple levels of signal strength (ranging from 0 signal to weak 1xRTT to 3G to full-strength LTE), I haven't seen a difference but it wouldn't hurt anything to post a signal comparison. Maybe useful to others.

Upvote 0
Moon,

I was curious did you run the modems side by side? If so were there any differences in reception?

im not getting good reception where i would while on older modems. mainly im getting 3g in locations i know i should def have 4g. im currently on nd8

Upvote 0
Flash the APN fix.
also. I'd check your data settings and make sure they are on CDMA/LTE
ju9upe9y.jpg

this was a problem I was having as well. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
ok i see. just to clear things up i am getting 4g just not everywhere that i did before the kktw update. and im going to try the apn fix see if that brightens this not so happy campers day lol

I would definitely try the APN fix. Hopefully it'll help you out. One thing is for sure..... it won't hurt anything.

Edit: You might wanna try some PRLs too. ;) Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones