• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] ROM's confirmed working for SPH-L710T

I'd like to add if you take the OA3 baseband update you'll be fine flashing these same ROMs and kernel fix for the ones that need it.I'm on that baseband now and I'm good to go.[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]
......I read this so I odined back to stock, took the update to OA3 and then tried to odin Philz twice and its not working. Just shows the stock recovery. Mhmm.

Upvote 0
......I read this so I odined back to stock, took the update to OA3 and then tried to odin Philz twice and its not working. Just shows the stock recovery. Mhmm.
OK lol here's the trick.You need to Odin TWRP first.After that pull battery and then Odin philz.Only way it will stick.
Just make sure you backup once your into philz.Trust me this works this way.I spent a day figuring it out.

Reactions: ElwOOD_CbGp
Upvote 0
I flashed wicked s5 on the triband im on vm I know this is boost sorry but I flashed s5 then went back to nandroid and now my vm bootanimations are gone and im getting sprint spark boot animations what happened to my phone im confused kind of a noob if anyone could help that would be great thanks

It's fine. It just changed the boot and that's all really. Everything else should still be recognized as virgin....... I just wanted to let everyone know though, that Slimkat is absolutely awesome on this phone. I've tried a lot of ROMs since acquiring this phone recently but keep coming back to Slim. The DPI is perfect for this screen size and makes the phone seem a little bigger and it's very smooth and snappy, more so than any of the other AOSP ROMs I've noticed. Also for whatever reason this ROM combined with tweaks to wake locks have given me the best battery life it seems like. Try it out.

Reactions: pOsSuM72
Upvote 0
It's fine. It just changed the boot and that's all really. Everything else should still be recognized as virgin....... I just wanted to let everyone know though, that Slimkat is absolutely awesome on this phone. I've tried a lot of ROMs since acquiring this phone recently but keep coming back to Slim. The DPI is perfect for this screen size and makes the phone seem a little bigger and it's very smooth and snappy, more so than any of the other AOSP ROMs I've noticed. Also for whatever reason this ROM combined with tweaks to wake locks have given me the best battery life it seems like. Try it out.
I can't remember but is there a kernel that fixes rotation?

Upvote 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2174403
He just made a triband version upon request. Works great. Im so glad this bulsh is fixed I donated. Devs like that deserve it.

What ROM are you using that with? I tried octOS and it put my phone into a bootloop.

Update;

It is a katkat kernel. Derp. I tried Slimkat and boom rotation works. However sadly I am on Sprint and have no network connectivity whatsoever. So the beat goes on. If it is not one thing it is another. Back to Wicked X

Are there any AOSP ROMs working with sprint? I have yet to find one with working data.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElwOOD_CbGp
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess I'll hijack this thread, since discussion seems to be happening here. :)

I'm working on getting fixes in place for the rotation issue on AOSP. The build that ElwOOD_CbGp posted was just a test to see if I was on the right track for a fix. The change I made in that build fixes L710Ts but breaks L710s. I put together a new build that won't break L710s, and if everything works, I'll try to get CM to pick up the changes so a custom kernel won't be needed. Can someone test one of these builds to make sure both rotation and uncalibrated compass orientation are correct?

Lollipop: MediaFire Dev-Host

KitKat: MediaFire Dev-Host

I'm not familiar with exactly what problems the L710T has, other than the rotation issue. Can someone PM me to bring me up to speed?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess I'll hijack this thread, since discussion seems to be happening here. :)

I'm working on getting fixes in place for the rotation issue on AOSP. The build that ElwOOD_CbGp posted was just a test to see if I was on the right track for a fix. The change I made in that build fixes L710Ts but breaks L710s. I put together a new build that won't break L710s, and if everything works, I'll try to get CM to pick up the changes so a custom kernel won't be needed. Can someone test one of these builds to make sure both rotation and uncalibrated compass orientation are correct?

Lollipop: MediaFire Dev-Host

KitKat: MediaFire Dev-Host

I'm not familiar with exactly what problems the L710T has, other than the rotation issue. Can someone PM me to bring me up to speed?
Hey i just flashed the lollipop one on octos it fixed the rotation.Thanks man you just made alot of people here happy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones