• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot Screen Constantly Cycles

CleanFlow

Lurker
Jul 2, 2012
I've looked at many other topics with similar problems, but mine is unique. With my phone, my cell and internet service always kicks out. I usually put it in and out of airplane mode to fix it. When that doesn't work, I just take out the battery and put it back in and all is well... for awhile.

This time when I took my battery out and put it back in, it won't completely boot up. I get the GALAXY S II logo, then the sprint 4g logo and all the flying yellow boxes and stuff, but it freezes on the 4g logo for about 5 seconds. Then it does the yellow boxes and freezes on the 4g logo again. So it's constantly looping the sprint boot image and won't actually allow me into the phone.

I have never damaged, rooted, flashed, or done anything to my phone except use it. I assume taking the battery out without shutting down the device has caused some sort of firmware problem? I tried to wipe the cache partition from recovery mode with no luck.

I also have the option of rebooting, updating from sd, wiping data/factory reset, and wiping cache partition. I need to fix this problem, but don't want to erase all my apps, pictures, data, and settings. Is there any way I can save my files or maybe fix the firmware or whatever without clearing all my data? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones