• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bootloop and can't enter in flashmood how fix?

lukoo

Lurker
Jul 6, 2015
I need help with my xperia m. I've followed the tutorial on how to unlock bootloader on my phone from the official sony mobile website. Everything went fine until I got to this point. I've entered the first command, and it dont worked, but when I've entered the second one all was good, but ended with a boot loop, and I can't enter in flasboot mode. how fix?

http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/

A bootloop is common after unlocking the M bootloader, apparently. Reflashing the stock firmware with FlashTool should fix it.

There's an excellent guide to using FlashTool here; it's written with the Xperia Z in mind but the procedure is the same regardless of device. The latest FlashTool version also includes the XperiaFirm program, which will allow you to d/l firmwares directly from Sony's update servers rather than searching aroudn the 'net for FTF packages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones