• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bottom Of Black Case Around Screen Loose

tlarm

Oct 15, 2010
Has anybody experienced this? At the bottom of the Droid X, below the hard keys, is a horizontal black piece of the case. Mine is loose and kinda wobbly, overuse of the hard keys I suppose. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and is there a fix, other than taking it in to VZ? Thought I'd better ask before I started prying on it. :rolleyes:

p.s. found an app, zMooth that has cured my use of the hard keys almost entirely.

about a month ago there was a thread going here that had a how-to on taking the whole phone apart, it included video as well. I took a fast look around but since the MODs here move stuff around so much who knows where it wound up. Its worth hunting for and may shed some light on your problem. In the video it shows the guy prying that strip off for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones