• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bricked Huawei Ascend y H886c

scott2014

Lurker
Jan 18, 2013
I have a Huawei ascend h866c on straighttalk, i rooted this phone yesterday and i never got around to putting cwm on it. I was installing a custom theme using metamorph and it asked to reboot my system, so i did. when i tried to reboot i noticed that it sat at the huawei screen for about 5 mins and didnt do anything. I guess i bricked it, I was wondering if there is any way to either get a signed version of the stock rom, (I'm guessing froyo 2.2) or if there is any way to install cwm onto my sd card in recovery mode??

I have a Huawei ascend h866c on straighttalk, i rooted this phone yesterday and i never got around to putting cwm on it. I was installing a custom theme using metamorph and it asked to reboot my system, so i did. when i tried to reboot i noticed that it sat at the huawei screen for about 5 mins and didnt do anything. I guess i bricked it, I was wondering if there is any way to either get a signed version of the stock rom, (I'm guessing froyo 2.2) or if there is any way to install cwm onto my sd card in recovery mode??
Mine Has The Newest Version of Android Froyo 2.36 and i cant help with that question but you should be able to update to 2.36 and try to install cwm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones