• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buttery B15 (Z970, Metropcs)

Relyt2012

Android Enthusiast
Aug 19, 2014
United States
This is the newest rom in the Buttery rom series.
Welcome to Buttery B15, a Z970 custom rom mod. Made by yours truly!

jksmpjC.jpg

Please leave all issues below, and keep in mind. This rom is for the metropcs zte zmax (Z970)

Warning, I take no responsibility for you ruining your device. If you brick it, and point the finger at me, I'll simply laugh at you. So flash at your own risk.

Guy's I made this fully deodexed, and removed bloatware.

• Deodexed
  • Debloated
  • Nova launcher
  • Google clock
  • Es file manager
  • Ad-Block
  • Swype on the standard google keyboard
  • Updated gapp's
  • etc, you'll have to find out

• ~Flashing instructions~
  • Make a Nandroid backup(Backup your current rom)
  • wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, and System)
  • Reboot recovery from the advanced menu in twrp and do not click install super su just reboot without installing
  • flash rom then boot
  • once finished setup flash super su from recovery
  • Enjoy!

4/12/2017 Rom-> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862718853

4/12/2017 MD5-> 388ef30f4e786f255cafddb3b58fbd13

Thanks to
@hroark13 for the install script
I suppose the ZTE crew, but im still not sure.
The supporters

Show me step by step of rooting ZTE Z970
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!

the only thing i can find is for kingo root. and just an fyi all root research should start at xda developers forum

but here is the link for the guide:
[ROOT] How to Root the ZTE ZMAX [KK][ALL VARIANTS]

edit:
please read as much of the thread as you can before proceeding. looks like it is not just kingo root that you have to do. kingo does not gain permanent root access. it is only temporary.

however the second step you do not need to do as looks like you can do it via twrp recovery. you can get twrp from here:https://androidforums.com/threads/twrp-3-0-3.1111595/

please read read read and reads some more before attempting to root. and as always please feel free to ask any questions here.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones