• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar and Contact Questions

RWFarley

Dec 22, 2011
I have some questions regarding how to "best" use the calendar(s) and Contacts.

I want everything in one Calendar, so I've currently settled to showing only my Exchange (Outlook) calendar on my phone. I set up Google's program on my work PC to copy my Outlook calendar to Google Calendar so I can read it on my PC at home. After a number of missed meetings (and angry boss) I set this to a one-way push from Outlook to Google. No more missing entries. This means I cannot edit my calendar on my PC at home. How do I view/use/edit a single calendar on my phone, Exchange, and my home PC?

Contacts are confusing to me. I don't fully understand how to think of them. I have ~500 contacts from Outlook, most of which were pushed to GMail. When I first started to use the phone and log in to Facebook, etc. I was prompted to "link" contact IDs. After linking a few hubndred I though I was OK, but none of the newer contact pictures on my phone have been synced with Outlook. How do I sync this information? I PRESUME that linking really keeps multiple entries for a person with some fields from each source? What really happening when I "link" and how can I "merge" them instead?

Thanks in advance,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones