• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar Help.

Motorhomer

Jun 12, 2011
Lancashire, England
I've got into a right mess after having problems synching Google Calendar with my Galaxy S2. All my calendar entries are now in triplicate, which is a nightmare.

I can restore the calendar on my phone from my backup application. Having done that can I delete the calendar on the PC, set up a new one with the same account name and then force the synchronisation from my phone to my PC so that the phone overwrites the data on the PC?

Thanks.

First, go to the calendar, and hit Menu-Calendars. It's possible you have three different calendars syncing at once. Second, login to your Gmail on your computer, and look at the calendar there. If that only has one event, then you are fine, just turn off all other calendars besides the gmail one in the calendar app.

DONT just automatically assume restoring a backup from an app will work. That is probably how you got duplicates in the first place. Your calendar should already be backed up to gmail, so re-adding a calendar from the phone will add duplicates to your gmail calendar.

Reactions: Motorhomer
Upvote 0
Thanks but I've only one calendar running. The problem started when I couldn't synch some additions to the calendar. These were in late 2012 and simply wouldn't cross over from my PC to my Galaxy S2.

I read about deleting the calendar cache but the chap who gave that advice failed to mention that, when you next sync, it only retains appointments for the last 30 days and the next 12 months.

I restored my calendar on the S2 (I use BackupPro) and it was after re-syncing that I got the triple and occasionally quadruple entries.

I have now deleted the Google calendar (on the PC) and am now syncing and hoping that the data will transfer from my phone back to the 'cloud'.

So far though it's been syncing for nearly an hour and I'm starting to worry. It is a huge calendar and I've still got the backup but it's not much use if I can't get the data from my phone to Google.

Any thoughts anyone? Is a 60 minute sync unusual or has it simply frozen? I'm loathe to cancel it for a while yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones