• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Calendar syncing not working

andyknights

Apr 20, 2010
Hi all

Need some help - for some reason (and I'm not sure when this started) my calendar isn't syncing properly between my phone and google calendar. New events seem to work fine, but old events have all disappeared from phone, and they still appear on google calendar. And also in Outlook (I am using google calendar sync on pc to keep these two in line). I don't really know when they went out of line, but I think it was relatively recently. It might have been when I updated from Gingervillain 1.8 to 2.7 - but not sure....so this may be a red herring.

I've tried rebooting, forcing sync, etc - to no avail. Is there an app I can use to see if this works instead? I can't find any sync settings, or logs anywhere, so I can't see if there is some sort of 'clash' that's preventing the sync - it seems to do 'something' when the calendar is syncing...

I'm on Gingervillain 2.8 (just updated tonight to see if that would fix my problem) but was on 2.7 before. Errr....not sure what other information is useful...

Anyone experiencing the same issue/or know a way around this?

TIA

Rgds,
Andy

OOOOPS - Sorry - you know what, I've found what the problem is but I'm going to leave this post here in case there's any other (stupid) unfortunate people like me...loads of my events in my google calendar have suddenly decided to become "?" - i.e I need to update to say yes, no, maybe attending (even though a lot are actually birthdays) - and only once I've said yes to them all - then they appear! This must have gone out of whack when google updated it's calendar....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones