• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dg92104

Oct 20, 2010
I added an event to my calendar from my Fascinate this morning and later when i got home I expected that it would be on the Google calendar accessed from my home computer. The info is all in the "cloud" isn't it? So why doesn't it show from my home computer? What am I missing?

You have to make sure when you create the event that you select your Google calendar. It defaults to the personal calendar, which makes no sense, but there ya go.

I agree it makes no sense. Remembering to switch to the Google calendar every time I make an entry on my phone is a PITA. I tried to find a way to make the Google calendar the default, but found none. Anyone know if there is a way to do that?

Upvote 0
My calender app is blik calender. Don't know if it addresses your issue but it might. There is a superb horizontal widget I keep on the home page that lists 2 weeks of events via a horizontal scroll. It is synced with google and other choices are available. The best part is that all of the days events are displayed (unlike the daily briefing) and I always have my next appt in my face every time I turn the phone on and you can set notifications. Had this on my D1 and I never miss a meeting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones