• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

California Governor Jerry Brown vetoes Dem. approved budget because it doesn't raise taxes

Raising taxes aren't only way to increase revenue.

Amen to that. Maybe if the government would make a commitment to getting out of the way of business, pledging NOT to raise or lower tax rates (reducing uncertainty at least) and just generally not taking idiotic measures that cause increases in costs (obamacare) and uncertainty the economy could grow and even flourish .... thus raising revenue.

Or maybe i'm just crazy ...

Upvote 0
As a Limey/Jock I'm kind of unclear how going back to Clinton (what? 11 or 12 years ago?) clarifies economics here on this issue. I've no doubt that you folks are better at this US political history stuff than I am, but let's try to avoid party politics clouding the issue. In any case, I'm really confused at the idea that no one here understands history or economics - seems like we have a lot of smart people here. You just have to look at the debate going on to realise that.

Upvote 0
Does not mean Sweden is better than the U.S. of A. And I would love to see this list of good things. Care to elaborate?

Rankings;
Healthcare
College degrees PP
Broadband speed
R&D spend PP
Business environment
% of elected reps who are women
Near Equal pay between genders
Childcare
Place to live
Life expectancy
Fiscal responsibality
Foreign aid as %GDP

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones