• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Called my local ATT.

all depends on what the price is if you have a few hundred on the gift card and the price is a hundred higher than its worth it because the phone will cost you more out of pocket the other way

This is what I'm thinking. I have almost $400 in Best Buy gift cards so even if they charge more it'll be cheaper for me to just get it there. I have an upgrade but I want to wait for something else later in the year.

Upvote 0
For the record- I sincerely hope BB sells it for the rumored $449. I'd prefer buying full price phones there with their return policy and the general lack of getting a hard time buying a brand new phone without a contract. I'd be willing to bet (I sure am doing that a lot) that some are going to have a hard time buying this phone without an upgrade/new line on Sunday. I say that from experience.

Upvote 0
For the record- I sincerely hope BB sells it for the rumored $449. I'd prefer buying full price phones there with their return policy and the general lack of getting a hard time buying a brand new phone without a contract. I'd be willing to bet (I sure am doing that a lot) that some are going to have a hard time buying this phone without an upgrade/new line on Sunday. I say that from experience.

we will def see i think everyday that goes buy this phone grows in popularity

Upvote 0
Ok here is what Best Buy lists as the regular price for some recent htc phones.

myTouch 4G - $600
Hero - $600
EVO 4G - $600
EVO Shift 4G - $550
Aria - $400
Incredible - $600

So I guess no more than $600 but maybe $450 is a little low.

it seems best buy has the no contract pricing the same as if it was an unlocked device, but thats because they arent eating any of the price at all some places like the shack and even AT&T , sprint etc etc eat a little or alot of the no contract price too. The reason being that even if you buy it no contract to use the phone to its fullest you still need their network because if they are selling it that means that their bands are in there. Best buy on the other hand sells at full retail, they dont jack up the price, they just sell what the manufacter retail price is.

Upvote 0
WOW! So I went to an ATT city close to my school and I asked the inspire comes out the 13th right, any idea how much off contract?

"No word now but it'll probably be pretty low since its not as good as the atrix"

*I facepalm in my head*

So then Im like "Would you say $450 to $500?"

"Probably but why do you want that? Get the Atrix its way better"

"I proceeded to tell him how HTC has the best quality materials in phones aside from maybe Nokia, how I prefer the bigger screen rather then res, htc sense etc"

Then hes like "eh whatever I know im getting the Atrix, the Dual Core on it is amazing, I dont even need a computer anymore!"

*Again I facepalm in my head*

I tell him thanks (for nothing really...) and leave, so yea thats all I got....Im gonna go to another one tommorow and I'll see what they say, hopefully they are a little.....smarter.

Upvote 0
WOW! So I went to an ATT city close to my school and I asked the inspire comes out the 13th right, any idea how much off contract?

"No word now but it'll probably be pretty low since its not as good as the atrix"

*I facepalm in my head*

So then Im like "Would you say $450 to $500?"

"Probably but why do you want that? Get the Atrix its way better"

"I proceeded to tell him how HTC has the best quality materials in phones aside from maybe Nokia, how I prefer the bigger screen rather then res, htc sense etc"

Then hes like "eh whatever I know im getting the Atrix, the Dual Core on it is amazing, I dont even need a computer anymore!"

*Again I facepalm in my head*

I tell him thanks (for nothing really...) and leave, so yea thats all I got....Im gonna go to another one tommorow and I'll see what they say, hopefully they are a little.....smarter.

What an asspirate lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones