• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I uninstall an app called "Wireless Update"?

'wireless update' is a pretty generic name and there isn't a single app int he play store named that. It most likely is a system app that came with your phone to update the system software.

<br>

<br> Could you post a screenshot of the exact notification? Don't forget to list the make/model of your phone and Android version.
Hi,
here's a screenshot of what it looks like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170905-212442.png
    Screenshot_20170905-212442.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,919
Upvote 0
Okay. Looks like this is on Geotel phones as well. The most i can find is that it is a system update utility (or malware disguised as one). And, it does look like you can disable it if you want to. That should stop it from running at boot.
Thx. I've disabled it b4 but it keeps reactivating itself, at least with Autorun Manager it helps keeping it disabled anyhow.

Upvote 0
I keep getting a pop up add for a game every time I open chrome on my android.

That's probably something else. I would close all tabs in Chrome and then clear both the browser cache and the app cache. The reboot your phone. Let us know if that fixes that issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones