• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can we please stop calling the Evo 4G the "O.G. Evo" in lieu of the impending release of the Evo 3D?

So to avoid isolation and a possible trip to banlandia what shall I call the original Evo 4G?

Anything that works for you! ;) So far, I've been sticking with Evo, it's what I've called it for more than a year of happy use and I'm not going to change - but that's me.

fwiw - So far as I recall Banlandia is where twospirits sends people. The rest of us have been known use other means, for example, for fear of twospirits sending us away for using his island! :eek:

Upvote 0
Anything that works for you! ;) So far, I've been sticking with Evo, it's what I've called it for more than a year of happy use and I'm not going to change - but that's me.

fwiw - So far as I recall Banlandia is where twospirits sends people. The rest of us have been known use other means, for example, for fear of twospirits sending us away for using his island! :eek:
I prefer the mini gun method myself... speaking of TS, he still around?

Upvote 0

Are you insane?!? Bite your tongue before you get a vacation! :eek: :D :D

Of course, he's busy jamming here around the forums. Last I heard, the 3vo just isn't what he was looking for after all of our Evo 2 planning, so I think he's holding out for the next wave, happily rocking his Evo and loving it.

Reactions: Jceinc
Upvote 0
When I do not send folks to Banlandia, I just send my cat after them.
PostalKitty.gif

My cat is faster than that min-gun. :p
As for me, I am like mold. I am always around, just in hiding totally affecting you without you knowing it. :D

Are you insane?!? Bite your tongue before you get a vacation! :eek: :D :D

Of course, he's busy jamming here around the forums. Last I heard, the 3vo just isn't what he was looking for after all of our Evo 2 planning, so I think he's holding out for the next wave, happily rocking his Evo and loving it.
Yeah I was very much into the EVO 2 (until it turned out to be the EVO 3D.) What really turned me off was the lack of kickstand believe it or not.

So I am lookinginto the Motorola Photon 4G and hoping that they do live up to their promise of unlocking the bootloader like they said they will. So far they are unlocking the Atrix so it looks like they will.

TS out (back in hiding)

Upvote 0
Given the magnitude of the impact the first EVO had, it can always be referred to as the EVO. Not until another generation of EVO comes along and us a game changer like that one can the name be replaced. All other EVOs should have the duty of prefixes our suffixes and longer titles.

Thats just how I look at it it. No need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Upvote 0
God, first time I opened this thread, and I literally lol'd at some of the comments. Have to give special thanks to EarlyMon as his rapping with 1evo was the first to make me laugh.

The first smartphone I got was the Droid, and after a while, when in conversation, I had to specify that it was the original droid (before I knew people on forums were doing this already) because everyone assumed I had the latest droid (I'm usually the first to buy new gadgets).

However, I got the Evo about a month before the release of the Evo 3d because I wanted to test out Sprint before I got the Evo 3d. Even after the Evo 3d was released, I continued calling the Evo just that. I didn't add original on to it or anything. I suspect this may be because it's still such a popular phone and people don't assume that I must have upgraded just because it's not the newest thing. Once a few more generations of the Evo are released, I can see the name changing more. It's just nowhere near the Droid line yet, when it comes to variations. Everytime you turn around, there's another Droid getting released.

On a side note: It is SO nice to have a phone that doesn't lag everytime I hit something like my Droid. When I was testing out the Evo, I fell in love with that for the same reason, but I was fortunate to not get too attached to it since I knew I would be upgrading to the Evo 3d the day it launched.

Upvote 0
It is official, HTC and the Evo (by extension) just got more OG! :eek: :D :cool:

HTC Invests in Dr. Dre's Beats Company for Better Smartphone Audio | PCWorld

You think $300 Mil. can buy a little more "street cred"?

(The joke rolls on. Thanks Drex for the link)

The rumor is the name of the first device which will feature the Beats By Dre is called the HTC Vigor.
Both HTC Vigor and LG Revolution 2 Could Sport HD Screens, Stratosphere Not the Galaxy S2? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones