• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canada Galaxy S3 Excessive Battery Drain

Hello,

Does anyone have a fix for the battery issue? I have heard Samsung is coming out with an update but was wondering if there was a temporary fix now.

thanks in advance,

I am not aware of a fix for a battery drain issue. Are you referring to the cell standby issue? if so, that has nothing to do with actual battery drain.

If you can let us know the problem, we may be able to help.

Upvote 0
I am not aware of a fix for a battery drain issue. Are you referring to the cell standby issue? if so, that has nothing to do with actual battery drain.

If you can let us know the problem, we may be able to help.

The issue is basically battery drains faster then i expected when doing anything or on standby for a 2100mah battery.

Thanks in advance,

Upvote 0
really that's the best ya got? ....I have had 2 batteries, and this recent one is 8 hours with moderate use, unacceptable, lets tell it like it is the phone is a POS, and Samsung should get there asses in gear and address this issue

You chose the skinny yet powerful smartphone with the big beautiful display. No offence but what do u expect lol? Its not a fat blackbery with a tiny screen ;)

Upvote 0
P.s. im a VERY heavy user.. far above average and my average battery life is over 9hrs on a year old battery
1365411943175.jpg
If youre only getting 8hours of moderate use.. hate to say it but thats not Samsungs fault :thumbup:

Upvote 0
really that's the best ya got? ....I have had 2 batteries, and this recent one is 8 hours with moderate use, unacceptable, lets tell it like it is the phone is a POS IMO, and Samsung should get there asses in gear and address this issue

Fixed that post for you...in bold, in case you missed it.

8 hours on a phone that does as much as a laptop is pretty good IMO. I can play games, surf the net faster than I can on my desktop computer, keep ALL my pictures, music, ebooks with me wherever I go. I can change the complete look of my phone from day to day. Seriously, if you want a longer lasting battery, get a bigger battery. Other than that, enjoy the phone and keep a charger with you. It's not hard to do.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
With moderate use like checking emails/facebook/texting/some youtube, some surfing and LTE on most of the day except when I get home from work which is on Wifi, I can last just over a day of use with about 4 hours screen time. But my phone is tweaked like hell.

When my phone was stock with all the fancy nancy stuff on, I got about 8 hours like you. But once I got into rooting and tweaking...it got WAY better battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones