• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't access computer, windows 7

I don't really understand where you're having issues here. Could you be more specific? For now I could recommend:

You could try re-installing windows. It will store all of your documents in c:\Windows.old. Then just copy all of your files from that folder to where they should be. Anything you have installed will need to be re-installed but you'll have a nice, fresh copy of windows to play with.

Also, you could boot into a live session of Ubuntu, by download it (Homepage | Ubuntu) loading it onto a USB stick (Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3 | USB Pen Drive Linux) and selecting it in the boot menu from your computer. This will also give you access to your documents so you can back them up.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Upvote 0
OK well when I click on the folder icon, windows explorer then opens up and when I click computer (to access my hard drive and any other drives connected) the status bar on the top loads into green, but near the end it stops so it does not load computer, so I can not access my drives, but I fixed it by turning UAC off, but I appreciate the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones